Gofree IP Address?

Pulling the hair out. Anyone know the IP address for the Navico Gofree WIFI-1? Tried 192.168.0.1 and loads of others but no good. I know the ethernet cable link works as I get a menu when I type in 192.168.77.36 for the MFD file upload download with the MFD is running but CAN NOT get into the units administration.

Thanks guys.

Found it. Used iconfig and up it came but new problem. "USER NAME" which should be 'admin' doesn't work with the password that is on the back of the unit. Tried "super" too, no luck. Any ideas Anyone? ( fogs lifted so off fishing).

Admin/admin,  or super/ super

Hard reset under rubber bung to default.

Also i think if you have changed it PW is all upper case.

Iirc'ly.

Thanks but tried those but not a reset. There is a password on the back of the unit 700etc in upper case but user name "admin" or "super" doesn't work. Looks like a reset?

try Try TRY!? GOT IN! Did a reset and the password on the back of the wifi worked with user name 'admin' but still on IP 192.168.77.1(!!?)

Changed the mode to AP and now can't even get a response from it. IPCONFIG shows its still listening on that 77.1 IP but no login screen. Looks like another reset?

Has anyone actually done this? The WIFI-1 can connect to a distant hotspot as it does that to access MFD upgrades so using a LAN port and a browser through a ethernet cable should allow access via wifi to another router????

Wots AP?

Re-reset, me thinks.

If you can't get it to mirror to 3rd party devices go to 0183 in networks on mfd and get IP from there to put in 3rd p device.

Thats what I had to do to to mirror to Vodafone V8. And still flakey after shutdown reboot.

Apple works every time.

Thats on a zeus2

Did another reset and now equally strange, it now defaults to 192.168.0.1 but the password on the back of the wifi no longer works but admin/admin does! Another thing I noticed yesterday is that when I reset it with the MFD the mac address came up wrong, the MFD obviously now doesn't know it's there! Can't find out how to change that but happy I now have laptop access to the wifi setup. Luke at Simrad said the last upgrade has a bug and is going to send me the new flash file so I am hoping that will sort whats going on.

(Bloody kahawai feeding around the boat. I really should be out in the dinghy getting lunch, not playing with this!)

Oh, "AP" is access point. Supposedly allows you to surf the net using a LAN connection.

Discovered (clear as mud) that setting it to AP will lock out menu access on 192.168.0.1 as it turns it into a bloody hotspot! Doesn't mean using IT to access the net, makes it a router. So....reset number 3.

192.168.0.1 now works again (beginning so suspect cheap Chinese arse ethernet cable..brand new by the way.).

Logged in under "super" and now access to full options!

No idea where to next, nothing on the net to say what settings will put the wifi1 on the net. I know the ssid of the hotspot, channel and password but need to know how you get the unit to run as a hotspot receiver, stand alone where the laptop can access the net via the ethernet cable....(more hair coming out)

I got a feeling that WiFi 1 needs a gateway to operate in client mode. Either

Your phone or a local hotspot.

Client is connecting to internet.

Access is giving access to third party devices which switches internet access off.

Won't do both. At same time.You need two for that.

And, in that case its just a wifi router not a gateway.

I could be wrong .

I only use mine for updates.

Bad nomenclature imo.

I do appreciate your help (getting little from Simrad). It's a standard 2.4gig RF wifi compliant transmitter receiver so connecting to a hotspot on shore is a cert as I have done it via the MSD (evo2) to update firmware so that's a given. I realise it won't work as a wifi repeater without the addition of another wifi router but all I am trying to do is use it to connect to a hotspot using one of two LAN ports on ethernet cable and a web browser on a laptop. I am beginning to think I am trying to configure a space shuttle for launch!! How difficult can this be!?(LOTS!). IT said he's done it so it can be done, I have the Simrad cable, it talks to the PC (now). What settings do I use? Access Point is for using it to retransmit the internet from a router so that's no good.

It came as a package with the MFD and I seldom use it in verbose mode to operate the MFD using a smartphone so thought it woukd be great for shore based internet....not?

Change that, now getting LOTS of help from Simrad. Haulted work as I am sure the crapanese cable is faulty so trying to get another. Luke said they have managed to configure one themselves and its working so once I get a better network cable will let you know Lats. Give you the settings if you want?

To be honest, reading this thread scares me a bit as at some point I’m likely to go through something like this as I add things to the system. I just hope that I never need to update anything, lol. Zeus3 somehow interfacing to nke AP - via numerous WiFi / lan interfaces and other boxes. I’m hoping it comes all sorted and I never need to change it.

I've been running 18.3 on my Zeus 3 since its release in Jan. No issues.

At least Navico are now being proactive and removing the update due to an issue. In the past, like most other manufacturers, the issue would have remained until a new version was released. This type of issue has bitten Navico before, perhaps they are learning!

Luke got it wrong. Seems he was thinking something else so back to square one. Said he will do some research on it....?

It must be possible to do this! The MFD uses the wifi1 to access on shore hotspots to update itself, WHY not a PC via the Simrad ethernet cable?

That'll teach you for being bi-lingual.

Luckily I only speak English so can only understand one word in about every 50.

Well I don't understand any of it and to be honest, I think I'm the happier for it.

Lateral, if you cant get decent wifi via cable, you are entitled to the rural broadband cellular system. Way cheaper than normal cellular service. Ask your provider...

Please tell me more? 35 bucks for only 4gig from Skinny is a bit much so would be keen on a cheaper alternative.