Gofree IP Address?

I have this setup. PC to gofree via ethernet. I use a bullet wifi long range antenna/router as default gateway to internet, via any wifi hotspot, but mostly from my marina to home. The bullet is connected to the same ethernet hub as the PC and the gofree. All items on the boats ethernet are on the same subnet.

The latest firmware for the gofree is supposed to be able to do two wifi, an internal, and an internet connection, but I've not tried that at this point, been too busy with paying work. It's on my list.

Issues with these setups are normally subnetting, routing tables, or default route problems.

I have this setup. PC to gofree via ethernet. I use a bullet wifi long range antenna/router as default gateway to internet, via any wifi hotspot, but mostly from my marina to home. The bullet is connected to the same ethernet hub as the PC and the gofree. All items on the boats ethernet are on the same subnet.

The latest firmware for the gofree is supposed to be able to do two wifi, an internal, and an internet connection, but I've not tried that at this point, been too busy with paying work. It's on my list.

Issues with these setups are normally subnetting, routing tables, or default route problems.

Thanks for that but a bit confused. Why do you need a other wifi unit? The wifi1 is ethernet connected direct to a PC so why the bullet unless you are using the wifi1 as a AP for other clients? Shouldn't the PC be able access the internet with just the wifi1?

Dual Mode WiFi

It is now possible for compatible MFDs with built-in WiFi to simultaneously connect to the Internet and your mobile device. This allows Navico’s Link app to be used while the MFD is connected to the Internet.

Dual Mode WiFiIt is now possible for compatible MFDs with built-in WiFi to simultaneously connect to the Internet and your mobile device. This allows Navico’s Link app to be used while the MFD is connected to the Internet.

I thought you said for the gofree? It's only for MFDs with built in WIFI? By the way, Luke couldn't figure it out and Simrads "policy" is that is not what its intended for so there is no support, in other words, figure it out for yourself and stop ringing us. He did say it would be possible using the MFD to put the gofree into AP mode, scan for hotspots then connect. A PC browser should then be able to access the net via the ethernet cable. Not tried this yet.

AP mode is access point. Turns the gofree into a gateway which is actually what its intended for, MFD appearing on a smart phone to allow remote access. The MFD can configure it into gateway mode, internet access, funny thing is Navico can't tell me (or wont?) what instruction sets the MFD sends to the gofree!!!

Where did you find the flash file Lats? Tried looking for "18.3" and can only find a PDF. Incidentally, during my sojourn I saw lots of comments about the Gofree not working after flashing it with 18.3!

AHA!!! It's the old make you upgrade swindle trick! 18.3 is for the MFD not the gofree. According to the PDF, it does turn on dual wifi but only on the new versions of mfds...Not ours! Kind of puts a bloke off buying stuff that quickly gets upgraded and loses support within in a year!