#41 Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationUnexplored Northland

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Dual Mode WiFiIt is now possible for compatible MFDs with built-in WiFi to simultaneously connect to the Internet and your mobile device. This allows Navico’s Link app to be used while the MFD is connected to the Internet.

I thought you said for the gofree? It's only for MFDs with built in WIFI? By the way, Luke couldn't figure it out and Simrads "policy" is that is not what its intended for so there is no support, in other words, figure it out for yourself and stop ringing us. He did say it would be possible using the MFD to put the gofree into AP mode, scan for hotspots then connect. A PC browser should then be able to access the net via the ethernet cable. Not tried this yet.
""Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance."" Nathan Zelk, Commander US submarine Montpelier (SSN 765) 

#42 lateral

lateral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Locationauckland

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

Wots AP mode?

I don't ever use the WIFI-1 to access the internet except for updates.

Use the laptop, or phone..

The original speil was to include dual mode in 18.3  gofree rework.

Seems they reneged. I've downloaded 18.3 to SD. So gonna check once I get that SG200 in.

Seems they have only fixed the lockup.

Some botched /vague promises made here. Gofree is obsolete anyway guess they don't care on expanding its functions

as all onboard now. Smoke and mirrors.

I was under the impression that 3 series dual mode worked anyway on old 18.3.

Doesn't please when tech help NZ knows less than the customer.

#43 Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

AP mode is access point. Turns the gofree into a gateway which is actually what its intended for, MFD appearing on a smart phone to allow remote access. The MFD can configure it into gateway mode, internet access, funny thing is Navico can't tell me (or wont?) what instruction sets the MFD sends to the gofree!!!
Where did you find the flash file Lats? Tried looking for "18.3" and can only find a PDF. Incidentally, during my sojourn I saw lots of comments about the Gofree not working after flashing it with 18.3!
""Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance."" Nathan Zelk, Commander US submarine Montpelier (SSN 765) 

#44 lateral

lateral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Locationauckland

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

Oh, gotcha access as opposed client mode. Weird terms anyway.

This "new" 18.3 came out 18/04/2019, like 4days ago.

https://ww2.bandg.co...oftware-update/

Bottom of page for download.

I think this is only to fix "lockup" issue with GoFree-1 on first 18.3, rest is for use with Zeus2.

I could have sworn I read they were going to add dual mode to Gofree WIFI-1 functionality.

No mention on re-release.

I've never had any problem with mine until first 18.3 came out.

So put the new 18.3 (improved) on SD just in case.

#45 Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

AHA!!! It's the old make you upgrade swindle trick! 18.3 is for the MFD not the gofree. According to the PDF, it does turn on dual wifi but only on the new versions of mfds...Not ours! Kind of puts a bloke off buying stuff that quickly gets upgraded and loses support within in a year!

#46 lateral

lateral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Locationauckland

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for that.

Yep, something like that.
Installed 18.3 (improved) and I'm
Up and going again at least.
Pia rebooting router from one to other, but don't do it often so guess it don't matter.
Better interface with the 18.3 update.
Still Hates my phone to mirror MFD.
Shitty pH.

It did install new firmware to gofree wifi
But not as good as in the built in unit.
What u said....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users