#1 marinheiro

marinheiro

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSandspit NZ

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

This advice came from Island Cruising NZ today, looks like New Cal wants compulsory travel insurance and guessing the repatriation requirement is a ticket to your country of residency. seems like they are imposing similar rules to Tahiti

Worth checking out further if you are going to be voyaging there.

Attached File  New Caledonia Immigration requirements 2019.jpg   197.04KB   0 downloads

#2 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

The noose is tightening, if you dream of ocean cruising go soon.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#3 Neil

Neil

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationWaimauku, Auckland

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:35 AM

According to a post on the Island cruising association the "repatriation" bit relates to return of a dead body and should be part of the travel insurance. 

quote; 

"Repatriation is the returning home of the body, remains or ashes of someone who has died outside of their country or their normal place of residence.

For those who have died overseas and wish to be repatriated to New Zealand, most of the cost can often be covered by their travel insurance policy. Before proceeding, check with the travel insurance provider."

#4 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:08 AM

Tahiti used to waive the "return ticket" thing if you were an EU citizen... not sure that's still the case. 

R

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer"

#5 DanInEurope

DanInEurope

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

Tahiti used to waive the "return ticket" thing if you were an EU citizen... not sure that's still the case. 

R

As far as I can tell, EU citizens don't have to do this unless staying longer than 3 months.  Sadly I might not be an EU citizen much longer...

There is no change in the law, if you look at the date of the Ordinance it is 2002.  I think they are just enforcing the rules whereas they have been a bit patchy in the past.

I had a look at some of the French websites, but noonsite actually gives the best summary - https://www.noonsite...ies#Immigration

Looks like there are ways of getting round it, but none easy or cheap.  A refundable air ticket on the credit card that you cancel before you get charged could be the best way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users