erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

rant on rising costs-fines

it seems like everyone is reaching into our pockets for cash

1 - due to some confusion over methods of communication got an email saying i had missed my chance for a 15% early payment discount so now needed to pay $2500 instead of $2125......didn't matter that i paid immediately on the email, which was a few days out of the grace period...they want the $375 

wish i had the right to give everyone i deal with a bogus 15% discount so they paid on time, or even better didn't!

2 - daughter needed a high spec desktop for her 3D animation course

we ordered it, it arrives, we drive into the queen st. shop on a quiet saturday morning to pick it up, we drive into the bus lane to get to a loading bay, but it's a bus stop, so we drive a bit further to the loading bay, nip in grab all the boxes, off we go

a week later we get a $150 fine from AT's new cameras for driving in a bus lane for more than 50mtrs....doesn't seem to matter that there were no buses anywhere!

https://www.newshub....s-per-year.html

have tried to appeal the fine and sent in a time-stamped receipt showing that 2 minutes after the camera caught us in the bus lane we were in the shop picking up boxes, but our query seems to have disappeared in the system so now we've received a warning to pay within 28 days  

3. have also had to pay AT $140 for a year's right to park on the street outside our house, now that they've expanded their residents parking zones

.............i wonder of this new emphasis on revenue raising has anything to do with the new rail link being a billion dollars short? and as Goff? removed the 2 elected members from the  AT board there is no need for them to do more than give lip-service

4 - wife is worried airmail package from OS from sister got lost as it is well overdue

sister says OS tracking shows it came into nz 10 days ago, a few days after it was sent

put the tracking number into nz post and it says

Import duty & tax assessment

her sister sends these boxes over regularly with store-bought sweets, spices, magazines etc and they are usually worth about $200-300?, less than $400 so should be GST free and straight through customs to the postal service

but now it's being held for assessment, for how long?

i wonder if there's a new crackdown and any package with a declared value over $200? is being sidelined from customs as potentially trying to dodge GST through undervaluing?.

if so how long will we have to wait for someone to open the box, remove 20? small items wrapped in a foreign language, value them and get back to us with an estimate of GST value, or just let the box through like usual

so yeah!  am getting pretty sick of getting pinged from all angles by unexpected, unreasonable add-ons

and certainly won't be voting for any politician of any flavour who won't commit to living within our means

ACT NOW!

don't wait for everyone else

to save you from yourself

#2 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

Too late. The bureaucrats are now in control as you state .... and they are controlled by H1 & H2 via their spokesman Jacinderella and local rep Full Goof.

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#3 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

4 - wife is worried airmail package from OS from sister got lost as it is well overdue

sister says OS tracking shows it came into nz 10 days ago, a few days after it was sent

put the tracking number into nz post and it says

her sister sends these boxes over regularly with store-bought sweets, spices, magazines etc and they are usually worth about $200-300?, less than $400 so should be GST free and straight through customs to the postal service

but now it's being held for assessment?

i wonder if there's a new crackdown and any package with a declared value over $200? is being sidelined from customs as potentially trying to dodge GST through undervaluing?.

We're over them and won't be using their lack of services again, the f**king muppets. About a year ago something happened and it wasn't good but it still exists.

To call them 'incredibly slow and f**king muppets' is both and understatement and a slight on cloth hand puppets but sadly it's true.

#4 Vorpal Blade

Vorpal Blade

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:37 AM

II 

We're over them and won't be using their lack of services again, the f**king muppets. About a year ago something happened and it wasn't good but it still exists.

To call them 'incredibly slow and f**king muppets' is both and understatement and a slight on cloth hand puppets but sadly it's true.

I bought  four items from the same supplier multiple days apart and each under $200. Each was sent separately over the course of 2 weeks.  3 weeks later, and not expecting any delays  i did the Track thing I found all the packages being held hostage by the powers that be. Then I get the email - they had consolidated the four separate packages into one dollar value order and said I had to pay tax on the stuff I had bought as the total value well exceeded their $200 threshold. 

for awesome custom made fabric products
http://www.coversandcanvas.co.nz

#5 tuffyluffy

tuffyluffy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

And meanwhile Facebook, Google, Amazon et al get away with paying sweet FA into the local economy

#6 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

And meanwhile Facebook, Google, Amazon et al get away with paying sweet FA into the local economy

Yes that annoys the crap out of me. We're facing more costs, more administration, more bullshit and lots of hatred from our own government yet they pander to the big multi-nationals and let them get away with sh*t I'd be crucified if I even tried let alone did.

#7 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

interesting

today the tracking page has changed from

to

Import duty & tax payable

there doesn't seem to be any button to find out what the GST charge is or how to pay it

so i guess we can expect a postcard in the mailbox in a few days time with how to pay and then hopefully only another week? for it to actually arrive

lucky there's no urgency on this one

ACT NOW!

#8 BOIGuy

BOIGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

You will get a letter with details and instructions

#9 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

the letter never came and my wife got sick of waiting so she called nz post

seems it will cost $158 to get the package posted

which would be GST on on  $1000 value

but the package value is apparently less than half of that, about $75 gst

so what's the extra charge of $80? for

Goods liable for duty and GST of NZ$60 or more cannot be released until the charges are paid.

There will also be an import entry transaction fee (IETF) and MPI biosecurity system entry levy.

they say they generally won't try to collect if the total charge is less than $60

not sure how that's possible when their charges are $80..

and if you pay on their recommended secure system 

Online payments attract a fee of 2.5%, charged and collected by Westpac.

there is an internet banking option 

but the instructions on paying via that are not clear...

https://www.customs....-from-overseas/

ACT NOW!

#10 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

they say they generally won't try to collect if the total charge is less than $60

not sure how that's possible when their charges are $80..

They add up GST and Duty and if that is under $60 then they let it slide through. If it is over $60 they have to collect it and in doing that it triggers a Customs Import {word I've forgotten}. When they do that import clearance they charge for it. Also when you do a Clearance it attracts other taxes, one being Biosecurity tax. That clearance paperwork and Bio tax will be the extra $80.

You want to see a invoice from our freight company.

this tax - $

that tax - $

B's levy - $

A's levy - $

Scratching tax - $

Pen use fee - $

More than 3 sheets of paper use tax - $

Forklift Safety officer tax - $

Wharf tax - $

Forestry tax- $

Biosecurity tax - $

PM wedding Gift tax - $

Some new useless royal twat tax- $

Profit make up levy - $    (that is a real one put on by the shipping companies, no attempt to hide what it's about)

Blaa tax - $

Blaa levy - $

Freight - $

Total $2000

The freight component of all that maybe $500, often less. It's gobsmacking the number of 'extras' tacked on.

We are getting a lot more Government, local and nation wide, Depts paying by Card so I now charge them 2.5% for the pleasure. One asked why and got a 2 word reply 'It's reciprocal'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users