Oil change frequency
Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:52 AM
Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:11 AM
Save getting your hands dirty and just replace the filter. Novel & rust proofing to boot.
Poms weren't alone in experimenting with that.
Didn't like the version that did the aerial advertising or little offerings on your park spot.
Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it was not irresistible to women.
Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:59 PM
I ran 15w40 which is the correct 2gm oil. 5w to light due to our cold climate.
Annotation 2019-05-20 174744.png 14.55KB 0 downloads
The Yanmar manual suggests using the middle of the road C rated oil and the weight for the ambient temp. None are multigrade oils, not sure why perhaps these old engines leak too much!
Advantages of Multigrade Oils
• One oil for year-round use
• Improved low-temperature starting
• Excellent high-temperature performance
• Improved overall fuel economy - less idling time and faster warm up
• Less battery drain on cold starts
• er, full-pressure lubrication over a wider temperature range
Disadvantages of Multigrade Oils:
• Low temperature oil leaks may occur on badly worn engines
• Polymer shearing may occur under high stress and/or shock load conditions
Also wonder if ambient is engine room temp which can get extremely warm
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users