Tubthumper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

https://www.recon.nz...tm_campaign=GMB

is a mate of mine, not sure what he can cert, but should be able to fly over your property and give you a digital package.

JK

I might look like it... but I'm not.

#12 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:00 AM

Ahh, got it thx! The boundary lines are only visible on certain base maps that I hadn't explored.

When I use the location and toggle between maps and the Google earth program I use for navigating the error on the day is the same... logical I suppose. But that error can often bearound or up to 6 metres. Which of course might mean it's 3 metres away or none or 6 metres.
Which is just another little beware reminder about GPS and micro managing your actual position when on the water and threading the reefs. Oh Yadua,what a clench you were.
Anyway , as I said earlier, using maps for the peg location plus eyeballing the error on the day relative to a known peg position was useful, found all sorts of little surprises hidden in the punga.
Be a dam site easier if that crew orger with the 150k gps theodelite thingy would just come and visit.

#13 rigger

rigger

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

Linz data service, use the crop function to limit download size,
Load file into a suitable app and you get this:Attached File  Screenshot_20190521-183756_GPS Essentials.jpg   162.62KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users