Photo

To qualify for NZ superannuation should overseas visitors, immigrants refugees qualify for it after 10 years as at present living in NZ or 25 years.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: 10 years or 25 years living, working in NZ to qualify for the free NZ superannuation at age 65. (13 member(s) have cast votes)

10 years or 25 years IMMIGRANTS REFUGEES living, working in NZ to qualify for the free NZ superannuation at age 65.

1. 10 years NO. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 10 years yes (4 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. 25 years Yes (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

4. 25 years No. (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. 30 years Yes (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

6. 30 years No. (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Do not care. (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Do not know (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you agree that the NZ superannuation at 65 should be tax free knowning that the gov't workers scheme, the police force, the MP'S, the judges, the judiciary, Gov't workers schemes are all tax free.

1. Yes (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

2. No. (5 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. Do not care. (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Do you think that overseas immigrants, overseas visitors, overseas working holiday visitors after only 12 months, even they do not have NZ citizenship can vote in our NZ political parliamentary general election as at present they can do. Aussie IS NO

1. No (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

2. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Do not care. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Do not know (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Hell NO ! (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Locationon the waters and else where

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

Why don’t they simply do it the way it’s done in Switzerland.

You are eligible were ever you are in the world. And you get an amount pro rata for the number of years you worked. Worked 12 y? Eligible to 12/44ths a standard Swiss government pension.

What happens to the years one could be on the dole as a result of redundancy or mentally disabled, physically disabled and unable to work. Forget about them. Like Hell. Be fair That's not the new NZ thinking although it was common in the past which has gone. Times are changing a fair life for all is on the increase.

©  2013 2014 2015

ADVANCING MULTIHULL SAILOR ORGANIZER NAVIGATOR.

OCEAN COMBINED CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER.

#52 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:42 PM

What happens to the years one could be on the dole as a result of redundancy or mentally disabled, physically disabled and unable to work. Forget about them. Like Hell. Be fair That's not the new NZ thinking although it was common in the past which has gone. Times are changing a fair life for all is on the increase.

My explanation of the Swiss system above is grossly simplified to make the point. There are credits for legitimate reasons why you may not be working. i.e. raising children, in training, sickness etc. If you are unemployed, you register with the system and your minimum contribution payments are maintained. If you are not able to work permanently because of illness or injury, you receive an annuity from your life insurance (every working person has life insurance) and/or a basic invalid's pension.

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer"

#53 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

Regarding voting, and who should have the right to vote.

Regimes all over the world appear to be trying to disenfranchise people by whatever methods they can. Eg. The UK recently held a poll (non-binding) to make an enormous decision that affects every UK citizen and all residents of the UK. But many UK citizens were actively excluded from the process - fair?

You shouldn't need to be a citizen. If you are permanently resident, then you should be allowed to take part in the democratic processes that generate the governance under which you live. 

I've lived in Switzerland for 10y now, paid tax, paid my pension contributions, used the correct rubbish bags, not flushed my toilet after midnight, and eat fondue and rösti and can mumble in the unintelligible dialects and all the rest of it but I'm not allowed to vote at all. 

If it wasn't for regular trips home to NZ, I would not have a vote nor democratic voice anywhere. How would that be fair?

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users