Photo

School teachers and School teachers principals pay and conditions negotiations.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: School teachers and School teachers principals pay and conditions negotiations. (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Most teachers say they work 70 hours P.W which = $22.00 P. Hour while the avg hourly Rate is $33.00 P.H. The Gov't offer for the two year past period is $10, 000 spread over 3 years. The offer should be $20,000 P.A. or more ..

1. YES (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Do not Know (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Mosti Cabinet Ministers earn nearly $300,000 around $250,000 more than the average NZ salary of around $50,000. A backbench MP with no additional responsibilities earns $160,000, while p teacher salary starts at $48,000...

1. Gov't Offer should be 25,000 P.A immediately as the class rooms and new schools canot be built for another 3 years in order class room sizes can be reduced (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Gov't Offer should be 30,000 P.A immediately as the class rooms and new schools canot be built for another 3 years in order class room sizes can be reduced (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Gov't Offer should be 35,000 P.A immediately as the class rooms and new schools canot be built for another 3 years in order class room sizes can be reduced (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

4. Gov't Offer should be 37,500, P.A immediately as the class rooms and new schools canot be built for another 3 years in order class room sizes can be reduced (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Gov't Offer should be 40,000 P.A immediately as the class rooms and new schools canot be built for another 3 years in order class room sizes can be reduced (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Do not know (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Is the Teachers and teachers principal strike justified and I support the teachers strike and demands %100 unconditionally .

1. Yes (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Do not know (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Locationon the waters and else where

Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Most teachers say they work 70 hours P.W. which equates to $22.00 per hour, while the average hourly rate is $33.00 per hour, which is $11.00 a hour short. Gov't offer is $10,000 for the two year period. Should the Gov't offer be $20.000 PA. OR MORE. Bearing in mind the teachers base primary teacher salary starts at $48,000.

©  2013 2014 2015

ADVANCING MULTIHULL SAILOR ORGANIZER NAVIGATOR.

OCEAN COMBINED CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER.

#2 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

Also bearing in mind that  the class room sizes were supposed to have been reduced under the previous Nat's Gov't from 30 to 23 I think.?

©  2013 2014 2015

#3 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:52 PM

In one room there is 10 people on the minimum wage.

The average wage in this room is $34,200 per year

In the room to the left is 9 people on the minimum wage and the Prime Minister.

The average wage in this room is $95,200 per year

In the room to the right is 9 people on the minimum wage and Mark Zuckerburg.

The average wage in this room is $328,644,000 per year

#4 Hurts

Hurts

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

I think if you want a valid poll you need more answers than “yes” and “don’t know” - what about “no”?not saying teachers aren’t worth more but your poll is bollocks.

#5 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

In one room there is 10 people on the minimum wage.

The average wage in this room is $34,200 per year

In the room to the left is 9 people on the minimum wage and the Prime Minister.

The average wage in this room is $95,200 per year

In the room to the right is 9 people on the minimum wage and Mark Zuckerburg.

The average wage in this room is $328,644,000 per year

Is Mark on his monthly voluntary service donated time in your example ?

The starting rate for a school teacher is $48,000 @ 40 hrs PW = $23.00 per H After three years training is it. @ 50 hrs PW = $18.50 per H. @ 60 hrs PW = $15.48 per H. @ 70 hrs PW = $13.20 per Hour,  Could they that do more than 40 hrs PW,as what school teacher does 40 hrs PW, to the employment court and request from the court / get a decision that they be all paid retrospectively the under salary / wage payment to equal the minimum wage hourly rate and fined the Gov't like in the private sector. It just shows you how undervalue they are and who would recommend their child to join the teachers job arena when they decide which occupational demographic for  a carer. No wonder there is a teacher shortage.

A NZ MP with no cabinet responsibilities with no training and no experience start first year @ $160,000 @ 40 Hours PW = $77.00 per hour. @ 50 hours PW = $61.50 @ 60 hours PW = $51.30. A school teacher with three years training college experience could do a NZ MP's  with no cabinet responsibilities job but a NZ MP with no NZ training college experience could not do a first year teachers job teaching in our schools.

They introduced a tourist entry tax, exception for Australia's and I think the EU visitors supposedly to pay for the doc allocation in the budget a 8 cents nationwide additional regional petrol tax for their flawed railed and extra transport systems with another 5 additional taxes or tax increases to come. So why didn't they introduce a tax to pay for the NZ school teachers, NZ school teachers  principals demands including the NZ young doctors and NZ aged care workers, Also they would have been able to give $1BN or more to the NZ superannuation fund and made the NZ superannuation pension TAX free and there would be no disruptions and the disputes would be settled amicably all getting paid some  towards fair value. 2 1/2 % increase in GST over 2 years. @ 2 & 1/2  % = 2.5 cents per dollar and $2.50 cents per $ 100 spent spread over 2 years = $1.25 cents per $ 100 spent and 1 & 1/2 cents per dollar spent. There would probably with that case [GST] be no need to borrow overseas or increase our Gov't Debt.

©  2013 2014 2015

#6 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

I think if you want a valid poll you need more answers than “yes” and “don’t know” - what about “no”?not saying teachers aren’t worth more but your poll is bollocks.

Do not know is as good as a no. I see you have not voted so presumably despite what you say you do not think they are worth more which they are.

©  2013 2014 2015

#7 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:41 PM

Where do you get the 70 hours per week from?

#8 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

Where do you get the 70 hours per week from?

It was quoted by their spokes person in TV interview and was quoted by RNZ. news.

©  2013 2014 2015

#9 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

The problem is and I wanted to add more, the format only allows three questions to be asked. So the purpose of this poll is to judge the feeling how many think they deserve more than Gov't has offered, which is a pittance spread over three years for the work load they have, large class numbers because of a combination of a shortage of school teachers and too few class rooms, special needs some children need which also is not being addressed, and by how much.  It is obvious why there is a shortage of teachers. In a interview it was stated by their president that by increasing the number of class rooms and building new schools, the gov't pay offer would not solve the teacher shortage and their other issues. Teacher aids need to be trained and that they say will not solve the issues. May help with discipline and controlling the class. In a interview with a long time principal he stated he had had enough, reaching breaking point and stated he would  be retiring early as he wanted a life. Any person that was thinking they wanted a teaching career they would probably look for another career avenue. Would not blame them who would work for those rewards. Deduct tax, certainly not in a professional class type professional bracket. Just shows you how the Gov't under values their [teachers ]profession when they earn on first year start $160,000 PA. Senior surgeon's in our hospitals were paid $500 Pew H to handle that strike and junior doctors are also on the strike path.

Our children deserve the best education with the best teachers and they are not getting that. Education decides what job opportunities' are available one has when school education has been explored thus joining the work force and marks all your future life and your children to be futures lifes. With the new taxes being introduced especially taxing the multination's which should be the Bank transaction tax base to get the most and that they pay their fair share there must be money available to meet their demands, avoid strikes and retain the existing teachers before they resign in large numbers which would compound the issues, until more teachers are trained and additional schools build with additional class rooms for the existing schools that require them.

©  2013 2014 2015

#10 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

I think a simple poll along the following lines would say lots.

The pay options on the table for someone new to the game and for their first 3 years in the job are -

$48,000

$160,000 plus lots of perks

The professions are -

Teaching

MP

Match the salaries to the professions to reflect how you feel their over all value is to NZ society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users