Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Locationon the waters and else where

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

2019 Cricket World Cup.

Last nights match between SA and West Indies abondoned after 7.3 overs. SA were 29 for 2 WKTS and were in for a thrashing as the bowlers were on form. What is the reasoning that the match is not replayed. They both get a point each under the NR points system, the same as a draw I presume. It was not there fault the rain set in. Seems a bit unfair as it could make a difference whether the WI make the Q4 when possibly they could displaced the Aussies.

The Aussie ball tampering issue / accusation  has arisen again at the cricket world cup 2019. A clear video review shows a aussie bowler with his hand in his non bowling  pocket fiddling for 5 second or so trying to find something and the hand is withdrawn in a clenched state,  moves directly to and making contact with the ball being held in his other hand before starting his bowling run. Both hands on the ball as he starts his run in for a couple of seconds. Could have been he had a itch on his thigh but does not answer the question why clenched as to hide something and holding the ball in both hands. He was not trying to polish the ball as that is done by other players before being given to him.

Any person see that last night.? Post any additional info or news items.

©  2013 2014 2015

ADVANCING MULTIHULL SAILOR ORGANIZER NAVIGATOR.

OCEAN COMBINED CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER.

#2 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

Three teams have had their matches abandoned scoring only one point each even if they have a track record of loosing. Pakistan last night showed the Aussies can be easy beats even though Pakistan lost. Pakistan dropped three easy catches and their field play was shocking. Restricted the Aussies to 306 all out in the 49 over. NZ has thrashed Pakistan every time they have played them both ODI and TESTS.  and Pakistan is at the bottom of the points board on 1. previous to last nights game they were on 0.

©  2013 2014 2015

#3 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:02 AM

Last night match between ENGLAND and AFGANASTAN was interesting. Numerous records broken by the POMS. 22 sixes. England they are top for sixes at the moment with 25. The most sixes by a single batsman since they cup began English batsman MORGAN. Highest score has ever made nearly 400 runs.

©  2013 2014 2015

#4 Addem

Addem

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

Good on ya Rehab. Was an amazing effort.

Don’t really expect a cricket thread on this forum. It may well be you and I are the only fans here.

Black caps play SA tonight but rain is forecast.

#5 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

Crikey I am a 5 day test addict never quite got the one day bash and thrash net alone the 20 20 but please do not tell RH.

#6 Addem

Addem

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

On that case you’re welcome to join me for the full 5 days of the first ever test in Tauranga this summer. We can sail to the venue!

#7 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:22 PM

like the irony

that had seen SA say

NZ lacked the killer instinct

but now there are blubbers

that Kane should have given himself out

HAHAHA

ACT NOW!

don't wait for everyone else

to save you from yourself

#8 Addem

Addem

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

Clutching at straws

One moment isn’t the winning and losing. They lost because they were messy in the field.

It’s good have won a close one though.

#9 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

Good on ya Rehab. Was an amazing effort.

Don’t really expect a cricket thread on this forum. It may well be you and I are the only fans here.

Black caps play SA tonight but rain is forecast.

Thanks I thought I would also start a thread re the women's soccer world cup and the rugby world cup men's soccer world cup coming up,but I thought I would see the response to this thread because at times you do get tired of all the boating stuff and the few that post re boating when there is 1800 or so members. So far no bad attacks, crude, vulgar insults, or annoyances. There must be heaps like you. All they have to do to be members is open an account via the home page. No personal details need to be give on this site like name, address date of birth, occupation, jail number ete. NON de plume sign on name and non de plume pass word, edit your profile details as you please depending on how private you want to be. Be polite, respectful, non abusive no swear words or abbreviations swear words that's all and read the  rules. Like to see new members and new interests. 

There is no other sporting forum I know of covering the southern hemisphere beside face book which one does not have to plough through hundreds of postings to get a full account what's going on re the subject, most short great, awesome but no discussion or expressing individual opinion's. Individual views do matter and help to educate expand the mind with different angle of thoughts or even make one aware where they maybe wrong.

Addem. It was close though. NZ relying on a single team member again. So many easy catches three I think SA dropped.

Summary

20 World Cup group games still to run but after New Zealand’s Kane Williamson produced an epic unbeaten 106 to overcome South Africa in a tense finale at Edgbaston, the identity of the four semi-finalists is already taking shape.

Williamson’s 138-ball master class on a pitch that prevented risk-free shot-making was an innings for the ages. The right-hander brought up his 12th ODI century with a six that levelled the scores in the final over, before guiding a four that completed a chase of 242 with three balls and four wickets to spare. How close was that. Against INDIA or Australia - what do you recon?

In doing so the Black Caps’ NZ  captain to all intents knocked out South Africa and dented Bangladesh’s chances of breaking the top four. With England second and fourth-placed India having a game in hand, Mashrafe Mortaza’s side must beat third-placed Australia in Nottingham on Thursday and hope further upsets can truly re-open the race for the chasing pack..

Australia had some hick cups like NZ did and who would have thought Bangladesh would have good within 45 runs of the Aussies. Smith out for one. A pity about that  he obvious is not a ODI great batsman. Had place himself down the order and sent in two big hitters before he appear. He was supposed to be in at three but the strategist's saw that Bangladesh's most expensive bowler  was to bowl hence smith down the order that all it took.

Last 5

Team     M            W    n/ L      NRR      Pts                                                

1. AUS                            6     5             1 +0.849         10

2. NZ                               5     4             0 +1.591           9

3 ENG                            5      4              1 +1.862          8

4. IND                            4        3              0 +1.029         7

5.. BAN                         6        2              3 -0.407          5

©  2013 2014 2015

#10 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

Addem,

Who would have thought Sri Lanka would have beaten ENGLAND. At start the Win prediction computer said England 94% S. L 6%. Real enthralling match no 27 was. Look at the stats though S/L eliminated ENG in a 1/4 game in a previous WC match. S/L have beaten ENG 4 times. Good to see Bairstown go for a Duck, should cool his heels and jumping antics for awhile, then Vince followed by Morgan and England was gone. Malinga was incredible bowled straight not to many slightly wide of stumps which usually is 2 or more. 4 WKTS combined with maiden's / I& 2 run overs. Fairly intense guy did you see his reaction when he was dropped for his 5 wkt, would have shortened the game Even when ENG were 4 wkt's down the win computer still had eng on a high win % 66% I think. The match was all about tight and not stray bowling and a force in S/L favour. Malinga 2 LBW's Very few 6's for all of S/l bowlers. Morgan went early as a result of tight bowling, holding catches as a posed to the Afghanistan game with loose bowling giving the batsman room to stretch their arms resulting in 17 6's numerous 4's for Morgan and another 6 6's for the other ENG batsman. A pity Sri langka struck the bad weather section so far. 2 matches abandoned resulting in 1 point per game instead of 4 points in all probability. 4 points before last night game + 2 for the win they are = with ENG on 7 points. They must consider reserve days for future world cups. Totally unfair the points system at present.

To nights game NZ vs W/I they NZ will have to bowl tightly for dot balls, LBW's, Yorkers and clean bowled outs and not rely on edges with the seemers bowling slightly wide of stumps, Give the W/I any full arm full swing. chest or head high balls will result in 6's or 4's. and a score near 400 runs. For the W/I they will have to bowl tightly also, not give away N/B or wides. The W/I pattern so far has to bowl for edges and with the good batters they get slammed.

I have been using a formula to gauge to total runs per side as = first 10 overs 50 or more 20 overs 100+ and at 30 overs 150 to get 300 or + runs. To get 400 or near 10 + 70 or more 20 + 125 or more 30 200+ runs. Double the 30 over number and it usually gives the innings total give or take 20.

©  2013 2014 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users