90 replies to this topic

#1 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

https://www.independ...i-a8954986.html

Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#2 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

Just a country trying to defend itself against invaders and it is far better than shooting them as they come ashore.

Harsh call for sure but then for the vast majority life is just that, harsh.

#3 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:10 PM

So if you saw someone in the water you would sail past? I must remember that.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#4 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

I've got an uncomfortable feeling this thread is going to need to move down to the politics / small talk section.

Immigration into the EU is a major issue. Making a long standing maritime law (to help those in distress at sea) into a crime is a substantial shift. I rather suspect the rise of hard right / anti foreign political sentiment in the EU is behind this. The EU is still grappling with a large number of Syrian refugees. Libya is getting torn apart by 'foreign actors' wanting a slice of its oil pie, those driving desperate people from North Africa to escape that violence as well. Italy isn't that far by boat...even very dodgy 40 yr old deflatables...

#5 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

Knot me. I think you should delete your post. I've reported it to the Matt. This is one of the most disgusting posts I've ever seen. It crosses all boundaries of human decency.

#6 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:02 PM

Its probably relevant to ask yourself why all of these people are trying to 'invade' Italy...

A record number of almost seven million people in South Sudan - or more than 60 percent of its population - are facing severe hunger, according to a new report by the government and three United Nations agencies.

The warning on Friday came some nine months after a fragile peace deal between South Sudan's warring sides ended a ruinous five-year civil conflict.

The report said close to two million people were near starvation, but stopped short of declaring a famine.

The worsening situation was attributed to food shortages exacerbated by delayed rainfall, an economic crisis and years of strain from a conflict that killed almost 400,000 people.

https://www.aljazeer...4134410969.html

I really hate it when all those starving 'invaders' mess up my summer cruise by drowning infront of me. Such inconvenience.

#7 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

No issue with the Italians passing a law like that,Italy has enough problems like the rest of the EU.

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

#8 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:45 PM

Crikey repeat offenders will have their boats seized.
That is a bit ruff.
Those in the northern hemisphere don’t have access to the out of sight out of mind concentration camps that our myopic Ozzie neighbours do and the tsunami of humanity that is seeking refuge and respite swells daily.
Making criminals out of humanitarian minded persons makes one want to puke.
On a separate note I am reminded of the woman who many moons ago threw herself off the harbour bridge a fall which she survived somewhat mangled.
A nearby tinnie with a couple of lads aboard ignored her pleas for help and when questioned by police offered in explanation that the fish were biting.

#9 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

No issue with the Italians passing a law like that,Italy has enough problems like the rest of the EU.

Think maybe you and KM should go sit in the naughty corner.
Nah fark that , I have a life times experience of people that think like you and KM and it is severely disturbing to consider that you can spout such bile.
What’s next boys the CR&A sponsored Sail Past A Drowning Refugee Regatta and win a free plastic anchor proudly donated by HT.

#10 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

Think maybe you and KM should go sit in the naughty corner.
Nah fark that , I have a life times experience of people that think like you and KM and it is severely disturbing to consider that you can spout such bile.
What’s next boys the CR&A sponsored Sail Past A Drowning Refugee Regatta and win a free plastic anchor proudly donated by HT.

Not much difference to what the Aussies do,quick check to see if sea worthy and send back on their home,hopefully home.

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users