90 replies to this topic

#11 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

HT has it possibly occurred to you that you may well be living in the wrong country.
Sounds to me that you and KM are better off relocated to some other foreign shores were the blatant disregard of human rights are less well morally observed.

#12 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:54 PM

https://newafricanma...ees-in-african/
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#13 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

POST DELETED BY MODERATOR. STICK TO SUTE RULES PLEASE.

#14 smitty

smitty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:28 AM

HI everyone.  Remember that there is the vote up or down buttons,  I used to be a regular user of this site but come back less & less frequently due to the couple of people who seem to dominate the site with their  distasteful comments.  If you use the vote down button to their comments the moderators may take some action.  Such a shame for what used to be a great site.

#15 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

Guys please remember to keep it civil and leave the personal stuff out of it.We do live in a democracy with very good free speech laws. (Many don't).

We should be adult enough to be able to debate something that we personally disagree with and / or find distasteful, but in a way that actually enables an exchange of views, rather than just getting the thread locked or deleted. If you can't handle the topic or posts, there are other avenues for you, as Smitty said, the vote buttons, or just staying out of it. If you did that, the content you don't like would die its own death in that the thread would become irrelevant and fall down the page.

This is a real problem Europe and the Italians are dealing with. These views are also showing its gaining political traction in Europe. Personally, I think it needs to be talked about, but in a civil way (civil conversations leading to a civil society...)

#16 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,650 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:58 AM

This thread is close to being locked. Stick within site rules please. Play the topic, NOT the people.
I dont care who you are, comply or face the consequences.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#17 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

Im curious as to what is expected of me if i see someone drowning. Do i pull them out or ask to see their passport?
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#18 ScottiE

ScottiE

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:44 PM

I'm curious to know why you're conflating the argument with your strawman position
After a decade or so of Euphoria . . . it's time to go Ballistic!
Anthony

#19 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

Can you be more specific?

#20 Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

It's really easy to criticise a Country's immigration policies (US, Italy, Aust) when you live in NZ, with thousands of miles of ocean between you & the several million (or billion) people that want to skip the formalities of legal immigration, or even the path of a legitimate refugee.

When I die make sure my wife doesn't sell Bad Kitty for what I told her it cost!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users