90 replies to this topic

#71 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

Any member may question the opinion of any other member, but you may not abuse the other member. If you dont agree, you are free to say you don't agree WITH THEIR POINT OF VIEW, but you may not call THEM stupid, uneducated, etc etc. Play the topic , not the person. If you cannot manage to control yourself and abide by this simple rule, please move on.

As long as you are CLEAR on what their point of view actually is.

As we have seen recently many do react without knowing.

If you aren't clear then do not make stuff up, that is why it kicked off a few days ago. It didn't need to if someone asked a small simple question rather than just assumed.

#72 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:27 AM

Germany will not be taking anymore refugees,they have realized it was a mistake.

https://edition.cnn....intl/index.html

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

#73 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

Harrytom, given the information presented in this thread, can you articulate why you appear to be still afraid of refugees? Have you given any consideration to the extent to which your views, like mine, may be influenced by our basic biology? If so, can humans rise above their basic biology? https://www.psycholo...tical-attitudes

#74 ScottiE

ScottiE

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

KM, Why do you assume that he is afraid of refugees based on his post
After a decade or so of Euphoria . . . it's time to go Ballistic!
Anthony

#75 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

Genuine refugee cases are fine,where they have been displaced due to circumstances beyond their control.

The problem I have is not the refo themselves but the special treatment they get when they arrive in NZ. preferential housing,benefits handed out When there are a lot of hard working kiwis struggling to find reasonable accommodation(do not qualify for housing or working for families)slightly above the threshold due to income.

We cannot buy a house due to our income,yes can service a mortage no problem but its my kiwisaver cannot access it for a deposit because we are above the threshold and to access it means one needs to stop working for 6 months so in return could not repay mortage due to income being to low. Catch 22,plenty in same position.

Have look at our closest nieghbour Australia and look at the problems they are having. Do not believe everything thats in the media.Have a lot of relatives over there and its disturbing what actually going on.

Kevin  have a look Iman Tawhidi .Not the best video  interview with Pauline Hanson but you may hear what he is saying and I personally think he is correct. Yes he an immigrant.

https://www.youtube....h?v=bX28hCVoPUo

When asked how to stop trouble makers entering Australia he comes out and says what we all know,the borders  are  to easy to cross not enough back ground checks take place and in reality you have no idea who you are letting in.

#76 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

harrytom, may I recommend you do a google search "nz myths refugees". You will find that you may have to revise some of the things you just claimed about refugees. I have refugee friends and there is no way on earth that they get treated the way you claim. Also what did you think of the biological bias? I would also like to register my objection to the term "refo". To answer you question, no I certainly don't believe everything in the media. As for Tawhidi I think his wikipedia page contains enough evidence to support the contention that he is an attention seeker not to be trusted with the truth. The laugh factor of the racist Pauline Hanson asking him if she's a racist was high - so thanks for that!

#77 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

Kevin you have your views and I have mine. So I will leave it at that. We must respect each others views but not necessary agree.

#78 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

harrytom, if you want to cut off the discussion that's up to you. If you don't want to find out about refugee myths that's your decision. I certainly do no respect views which are not based on fact. This link may also help you: https://www.iflscien...d-your-opinion/

#79 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

harrytom, if you want to cut off the discussion that's up to you. If you don't want to find out about refugee myths that's your decision. I certainly do no respect views which are not based on fact. This link may also help you: https://www.iflscien...d-your-opinion/

and yours are fact based??   iflscience??https://mediabiasfac...com/ifl-science      

• Overall, we rate IFL Science a Mild Pseudoscience website based on publication of unproven and misleading information related to science. We would also like to clarify that most information on this website is scientifically sound, however, caution is needed based on a track record of occasionally publishing misinformation.

Nz myths refugees?? written by caritas which is a division on the Catholic church?? Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand is the New Zealand Catholic Bishops' agency for ... Caritas advocates for change, supports community development projects and ...

Keep going Kevin anymore??

#80 Maté

Maté

Sailor

• Members - No Smalltalk
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

Genuine refugee cases are fine,where they have been displaced due to circumstances beyond their control.

The problem I have is not the refo themselves but the special treatment they get when they arrive in NZ. preferential housing,benefits handed out When there are a lot of hard working kiwis struggling to find reasonable accommodation(do not qualify for housing or working for families)slightly above the threshold due to income.

We cannot buy a house due to our income,yes can service a mortage no problem but its my kiwisaver cannot access it for a deposit because we are above the threshold and to access it means one needs to stop working for 6 months so in return could not repay mortage due to income being to low. Catch 22,plenty in same position.

Have look at our closest nieghbour Australia and look at the problems they are having. Do not believe everything thats in the media.Have a lot of relatives over there and its disturbing what actually going on.

Kevin  have a look Iman Tawhidi .Not the best video  interview with Pauline Hanson but you may hear what he is saying and I personally think he is correct. Yes he an immigrant.

https://www.youtube....h?v=bX28hCVoPUo

When asked how to stop trouble makers entering Australia he comes out and says what we all know,the borders  are  to easy to cross not enough back ground checks take place and in reality you have no idea who you are letting in.

HT I can believe you are sucked into that crapola. You know that blaming immigrants is the first step towards fascism? Check out the Trump admin's child separation policy (and deaths) Italys criminalisation of human decency is part of it. The irony of NZ and Australia especially blaming immigrants!!!!

I've heard and seen the results of all this selfish thinking many times, dawn raids anyone?

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users