5 replies to this topic

#1 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia will accept two-handed entrants into its key events including the 2020 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, it announced today.

The two-handed series, to conclude in April 2020, paves the way for two-handed participation in the 2020 Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore, starting with the 2020 Noakes Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race and culminating in the 2020 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.

http://www.mysailing...x-sydney-hobart

What ever next, multihulls?

#2 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

I've been watching the CYCA go through a 'what the F is going on and how do we fix it' process over the last couple of seasons. In their most interesting and often well thought out process short handed did come up as becoming more prevalent as crews come harder to find. So no surprise and pleased to see they are trying to front foot things.

Multis won't be far away I suspect. Aussie does have a lot that could do it.

#3 wal

wal

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:26 AM

A 'strayan on SA suggested there would (could) be interest from NZ

Starter for 10...

How many would be seriously interested in entering?

I've done 3.......

Wal'

The combination of careful conservatism and out-of-control wishful thinking common to the male of the species

#4 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

The thought crossed my mind as it could tie in nicely with the sydney to auckland afterwards.

But the wife didnt think it a good idea in her crusing boat and having thought about the hobart i did, doing it 2 handed would have been hell.

#5 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

Done it once, not particularly interested in doing it again. Goes to cold weather, silly race that restarts at river entrance.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#6 wal

wal

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

Smarter than me

....... obviously....

The boats I did it on did get bigger each time tho.......

Wal'

The combination of careful conservatism and out-of-control wishful thinking common to the male of the species

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users