#11 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Have a 7 stage 6 amp charger ($100). What is the advantage of an expensive charger?

#12 mattm

mattm

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

Other than that it will have a recommendation of max battery capacity of about 150ah, assuming it has the correct charge rates for your batteries, nothing at all. The bigger one will charge faster, but in most cases that’s not very important.

Unless you want to run the fridge off the batteries while the boats at the dock, keeping the batteries full with the charger. Good chance that will stuff the batteries and the charger, after some time. But you have a power supply running the fridge, so no problem.

#13 lateral

lateral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Locationauckland

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Well, I wouldn't say that: PN 1250P aint your basic smart charger, but you pay for it.

* Input voltage 110- 240V 50/60hz auto

*Power factor correction

*50A  = 0.1C  for FLA for my bank , which is in optimum range.

*Way more energy efficient.

*Charger or power supply 

*Temperature compensated for tropics/ hi lat.

* Battery temp safety cutout.

* Ignition & current  protection.

* LED diagnostic.

* Multi -chemistry

*5yr warranty

*Equalization mode

*fully custom configurable.

*Way faster to tail current than my old 10A- Unfair comparison tho.

Off the top of my head.

Their speil:

ProNauticP models automatically remove stress on a fully charged battery by incorporating a built-in conservation mode. Once the batteries are properly recharged and conditioning begins, batteries are constantly monitored to ensure they are properly maintained, all the while meeting the demand for DC power aboard the vessel and maximizing the energy savings. Packed with intelligent features, the charger systems automatically recondition batteries to improve battery life and reserve power performance once a month if batteries are in a state of short- or long-term storage. Distributed-On-Demandâ„¢ Charging technology takes 100% of the available charging amps and distributes it to any one battery or a combination of all batteries, as needed, for more efficient charging. The ProNauticP self-calculates absorption and conditioning time based on its ability to analyze the discharge state of the on-board battery banks, and incorporates fully automatic temperature compensation as a standard feature on all models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users