Pieces of Boat Cloth (200gm) wider than 1m?

Hi, not sure what it is you're doing but you can overlap the 2 sheets of glass, epoxy then cut carefully down the middle - see link below. So you end up with a near perfect edge joint between the 2 sheets - and no hassle with all the fairing and filling the seams.

apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs (as the old saying goes).

https://www.westsystem.com/instruction-2/epoxy-basics/applying-woven-cloth-tape/

Thanks, but they have 1020mm only, some places seem to have 1270mm widths, hunting around at the moment (Will take longer to find then to just overlap and fair I suspect)

When I click on that link they were all 1270mm wide and I have purchased it off them at 1270mm wide.

Hi, not sure what it is you're doing but you can overlap the 2 sheets of glass, epoxy then cut carefully down the middle - see link below. So you end up with a near perfect edge joint between the 2 sheets - and no hassle with all the fairing and filling the seams.

apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs (as the old saying goes).

https://www.westsystem.com/instruction-2/epoxy-basics/applying-woven-cloth-tape/

Thanks, that's a good idea, I've not tried that technique. Probably what I'll end up doing.

I am just sheathing the outside of a very small dinghy, and a 1270mm wide bit would mean no overlaps.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I've not tried that technique. Probably what I'll end up doing.

I am just sheathing the outside of a very small dinghy, and a 1270mm wide bit would mean no overlaps.

Hi, I'm building a dinghy as well (at least I was until I buggered my back) and I found that link when I appear to have had the same issue as you. Haven't tried doing it yet - back's still not up to it - but if it's in the West System book of 'how to's' it must be a proven method.

Good luck!