Sealink Ferry Map / Warning System

If they want to sell off public land for apartments ( a really stupid idea) why not sell to the highest bidder in a public auction?

BP it is a no brainer really transparency when it is applied to disposal of publicly owned assets reduces the opportunity for corruption to prosper hence the secrecy that surrounds such deals.

The common term used for disguising the truth from unfolding into the clear light of day is commercial sensitivity.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/113216338/auckland-councils-former-hq-sold-for-3m-set-to-be-turned-into-homes

Another example, many moons ago the building platform that is presently being developed into “guaranteed” marine related premises in Westhaven was shown on the district plan as public open space ie park status and mysteriously transmogrified into a commercial building platform without any public input or consultation.

When Auckland City Council (panuku in disguise perhaps) pushed through the change from "City of Sails" to what could be taken for be a stylised Pohutukawa flower. I, like a lot of people, asked myself why.  I now realise that there was a hidden message to all boaties using the Waitemata that their fate had been or was being decided. The message was there I just never recognised it.

As emailed to me today from Westhaven Marina.

"Please be aware that these vessels manoeuvre between 8-14 times a day, taking around two minutes each time."

What do you think?  Not that one can do much about it now...

Just use the other entrance?  Or is that entrance due to be closed off?

sealink.png