Deck washdown pump

Hi,

Our deck wash-down pump has died after only 18 months and very little use (maybe 30 times). The pressure switch is kaput - actual pump itself is fine.

It is a Seaflo pump from Burnsco. I had hoped to get the switch as a part but does not look like that is going to happen. I also looked into Sureflow - and they do not seem to supply parts for there pumps either. Are pumps a throw away item these days.

Parts availability aside I am disappointed with how short this pump lasted.

Anyone care to recommend a new brand with better reliability, parts and support?

Cheers

Al

I agree with Kevin, this is Consumer Guarantees Act application.

Unfortunately all of these pumps are pretty much throw away and pressure switches have always been a problem. I tried to get a replacement motor for a Jabsco pump a while ago but no luck. Those Seaflows are a cheap knock off pump

I suggest looking at a Johnson Pump as a replacement, they seem to be a bit more robust

They get away with it due us the consumer not screaming loud enough.

brought a marine item a few years ago that wasn't fit for purpose,store tried the warranty thing and said I need to go to supplier. "Really ,what time do you close today as I have all the time in the world to discredit your store and products to potential customers".Money back

• Upvote 1

I like to have a deck wash hose available near the cockpit. In the case of a fire inside at least you have a chance of putting it out from the companionway without going into the smoke. With an extinguisher you need to be pretty close to make a difference and if the boat is already full of smoke that may not be possible.

• Upvote 1