#11 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,083 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

OK, still no response.

Does anyone here have facilities they would be willing to host the site on? Happy to discuss an advertising in lieu deal. The site runs on Invision power board, and needs updating. Surely there is a member out there with the skills and equipment to help?

Please PM me or call on 0221539176

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#12 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,818 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Shanson might be able to help with the fixing part.He used to do work for Karl. I will give him a yell and see if he can PM you.

#13 mcp

mcp

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

You could host it yourself with a Synology NAS with data protection, or if you have lots of traffic and want a lot of functionality, email PCtraders.co.nz and by a ex lease machine that will make a powerful server, just tell them what you want to do and answer there questions.   Also you will need a reasonable internet connection with a static IP address, ultimatebroadband.co.nz biz fibre, has no data caps or orcon, its a extra $10 a month for a static IP on a residential plan.   Neither of those suppliers shape your data to suit the load on their networks.   

#14 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

Yep, I could host it, and I have a suitable machine, fixed IP etc. But the  issue is that  I'm away a fair bit, and if I'm in the middle of the pacific when it has an issue, I need someone else who can fix it...

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#15 mcp

mcp

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:44 PM

Yep, I could host it, and I have a suitable machine, fixed IP etc. But the  issue is that  I'm away a fair bit, and if I'm in the middle of the pacific when it has an issue, I need someone else who can fix it...

There are plenty of Techs locally or worldwide that can look after your server remotely for not a large cost.    You will likely find someone on the IP Board support forums, who is familiar with this software that would do it?  

If power outages and rebooting remotely is a concern,  wire up a GSM relay for reboots and make up a UPS.

Or if you would just prefer hosting I can recommend adcl.co.nz   

#16 wkavinsky

wkavinsky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

I could certainly fix it and keep it running (Software Developer), but couldn't really host it.

That said, I don't know the board software, and I haven't done any web development for years, but feel free to drop me a PM.

I do have a server, but I'm moving on the boat in the next 3 months, so definitely not a long term solution there, sorry.

#17 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

test

#18 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:21 PM

test

#19 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,535 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:03 AM

is there still a problem with the web page, as I am not getting any of the new posts?

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#20 ex Elly

ex Elly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

Looks like it.  I can see your post listed on the main forums page, but not when I look at the MarineTalk forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users