#1 swartie

swartie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationParemata

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

I am most likely going to be changing careers in the next few years, and would like to go into something marine operated, where i am going the options for me to earn good money is not possible, so would like to do something in an environment i enjoy which is boating, or water related. My thoughts are to try find work in a boat yard doing the jobs most people done really want to do, ie cleaning hulls, minor repairs, hall out maintenance etc. But to be able to find work i will need experience, and that is what i am after. 

I am looking for a company or person or is willing to "show" me the ropes and let me get experience with working on hulls and the different types of jobs required. provide feedback on work and let me pick thier brains around the skills required. I do have a full time job, so i would need to fit this in sometime, either on weekends or perhaps come to an arrangement to work a few hours during the week. The only compensation I am seeking is knowledge and perhaps a reference in the future if required

I live out in Porirua, but can travel anywhere in the wellington region. Could anyone point me in the direction of where i could get the experience i am after? 

thanks in advance 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users