Holding tanks

Hmm. Surely any decent marine head will have some form of macerator? Ok one doesn't want to swim in turds but a bit of urine in say 4-6 m of water? What about the sewage discharge at most urban areas? Would you swim at Takapuna Beach? Only on an outgoing tide? What are the e coliform ratings? What % are from sea life, boaties, sh*t sewerage systems?

I don't want to digress into the regulations whatever they are or deny the desirability of solid wastes being macerated, and discharged offshore or at least on an outgoing tide

As to stopping smells, a freshwater flush may have an effect on the outlet lines, but cannot effect the inlet line because there is no reverse pumping effect to that.

Ps I have a flexible sewerage grade marine tank available, unused, but a small slash, caused by aberrant use of a blade.

You read the post somewhere recently, maybe in this thread, where it was suggested that very finely sliced pooh is worse then bigger lumps when talking sealife? So maybe macerators are more just for human visuals rather than being ocean friendly.

I just thought that was quite interesting.

Good point re the beaches. Mission Bay closed for 2 days a week or 2 back. Too many of them e-nasties floating around.

Archived