Safe Boating/Coll Reg 22/Nautical Protocol

Wanting to hear your experiences re Give-way/Stand-on situations involving ferries on regular runs & recreational craft around our harbour & islands : The Rules use the word ‘shall’ in its imperative sense. And once again it uses the proviso ‘if the circumstances of the case admit’. The Rule accepts that, for some reason, it could be dangerous to turn to starboard. Are Coll Regs to be applied pragmatically & at what distance off do they have relevance ? The Professional Skipper Mag & MNZ are encouraging discussion on this topic & your informative comments are invited on this international Nautical Protocol site - http://on.fb.me/nauticalprotocol - if you have no Facebook A/C, you are welcome to leave your comments here for discussion.

that link took me to facebook and there was no reference to any 'nautical protocol' would you like to try again :)

Thank you Grant - if you have no Facebook A/C, you are welcome to leave your comments here for discussion.

I think this is spam

At least you posted a response Wheels but I am interested in hearing some constructive info re your experience re Coll Reg 22 -

if you have no Facebook A/C, you are welcome to leave your comments here for discussion.

Mel, the reason I wondered if this was spam is because you have posted this in three different places and obviously didn't read before you posted, because this Forum here, is SOL which stands for "Sailing On Line" where we post about the SOL game.

If you go take a look in the "Marine Talk" Forum, you will see you had a lot of responses.

Mel, the reason I wondered if this was spam is because you have posted this in three different places and obviously didn't read before you posted, because this Forum here, is SOL which stands for "Sailing On Line" where we post about the SOL game.

If you go take a look in the "Marine Talk" Forum, you will see you had a lot of responses.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You obviously know your way around Wheels & could perhaps be instrumental in directing this "Public Interest". Not knowing how members cover the various forums, I posted in those 3 including the SOL as even though SOL is said to be for "those who can't get out on the water", they may have been active afloat with experience to share ? Thanks to the administrators of Crew org, I appreciate the emails notifing me of posts as they are made in each forum.

Archived