White Island

rich2

WATER! no steerage... seriously.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you're who I think you are you are a total tosser.

If a boat calls water because it needs to and it cannot avoid you by ducking then you must keep out of the way.

If a boat needs water and it can avoid you then they have an obligation to keep out of your way.

Don't sit one boatlength above and one boatlength behind a boat and expect them to be able to duck you.

"You've ruined my whole race" - ha ha ha. If that turned out to be true then you deserved it you ass-wipe.

Here we go!!!! Fuel on the fire....

You are obviously very aware of your mistake, taking onto port with plenty of room to dip but all of a sudden decided you had no water and no steerage ( dont know how you started the tact with no steerage ) and made the starboard tacker avoid collision....

and just to let you know I am a "total tosser" but I am not the "total tosser" you think I am. I was purely a witness to a shocking piece of seamanship.

Hi Hewy.

I am the owner and skipper of Valium the boat involved. I guess you must have been on Mr Roosevelt that morning.

I was just advised by a friend that I was being called a total tosser and an ass-wipe on this site by someone who I don't know and have never even met. I thought that was a joke. However it isn't a joke. What you are saying about me is inappropriate, vicious and uncalled for. I am not sure what I have done to be the target of this kind of abuse by you and it is not appreciated. As far as I am concerned the incident was left on the water.

Gary.

Here we go!!!! Fuel on the fire....

You are obviously very aware of your mistake, taking onto port with plenty of room to dip but all of a sudden decided you had no water and no steerage ( dont know how you started the tact with no steerage ) and made the starboard tacker avoid collision....

and just to let you know I am a "total tosser" but I am not the "total tosser" you think I am. I was purely a witness to a shocking piece of seamanship.

We got as close as we were comfortable to the obstruction as we felt was safe and then called for water. We had no rights to tack in your water until we were avoiding the obstruction then you became the keep-clear boat.

We didn't even complete our tack and you still had to avoid us so it makes the claims we had room to duck look like complete bullshit. We didn't complete our tack cleanly because a windward sheet got caught on the deck. It was a clusterfuck - but these things can happen, especially sailing 2-handed.

There was no pressure we were stopped dead and we really did have no steerage. If we had way on and there was room to duck we would have ducked. It would have been cheating if we didn't and frankly - we wouldn't have asked for room if we didn't need it.

I would suggest that a tack and a duck would require 2 boat lengths of separation and we would have needed the same amount of room below us to gybe.

After our incident you guys went further in - we weren't comfortable with that. In retrospect we may not have been as close as we thought and we might have been able to gybe behind you. I don't know if that constitutes shocking seamanship though mate.

We obviously disagree so I'll leave it there. If we ever cross paths I'll buy you a beer and we can either continue arguing about it or we can team up and diss some other unfortunate individual.

Sorry for mistaking you with the other tosser. Actually calling anyone a tosser in a thread is probably not good form. It's easy to cruise around hurling abuse in internet forums.

Are you going to White Island or did you drop into the thread because you're stalking us?

Hi Hewy.

I am the owner and skipper of Valium the boat involved. I guess you must have been on Mr Roosevelt that morning.

I was just advised by a friend that I was being called a total tosser and an ass-wipe on this site by someone who I don't know and have never even met. I thought that was a joke. However it isn't a joke. What you are saying about me is inappropriate, vicious and uncalled for. I am not sure what I have done to be the target of this kind of abuse by you and it is not appreciated. As far as I am concerned the incident was left on the water.

Gary.

Fair call Gary. As I just said in my post abusing people in internet forums is bad form and I apologise.

Your mate was trolling for a reaction and I responded inappropriately.

WATER! no steerage... seriously.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Build a bridge and get over it. Better still enter the White Island race and come sailing it's more fun than chucking grenades over the internet. :D

I'm not allowed grenades because of the conditions of my parole. If I take my medication they let me have my keyboard.

I'm going to steer clear of the thread now. I've upset Gary and boatslut and haven't done any work for half an hour.

See you all on the White Island race.

I'm not allowed grenades because of the conditions of my parole. If I take my medication they let me have my keyboard.

I'm going to steer clear of the thread now. I've upset Gary and boatslut and haven't done any work for half an hour.

See you all on the White Island race.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice back down and excellent sense of humour! 10 points Hewy. You could certainly teach Blue Sovereign a thing or two. You are right, it is easy to get carried away on forums. Plenty of guilty parties here, including me.. Great post mate!

No entry from T-Man this year. Concentrating on the sale.

Heard a nasty roumor today (not really nasty)

it would be a good fist sail.......

are you gonna change your name on here

19 entries - pork chop i think so 18

How many starting friday??????

Team Vodafone Sailing

Surreal

Windarra

Pork Chop

Overload

Capellea

Starlight Express

Mr Roosevelt