diesel filters

Hi all.

Who knows where to buy a filter/water seperator for my new fuel tank.

I think the common one is a cav filter?

Any recommendations or other brands etc?

Any recommendations of nice friendly helpful people who could sell me one of these.

I am upgrading my tank so I can motor alot further.

Skins, if you want the best, then Racor. Expensive. I am pretty sure there is one on Trademe at the mo, but didn't take any notice how big. Otherwise the CAV is a pretty decent unit and the filters are cheap but good.Checkout Trademe on those too, as they are always listed

any reason why no one suggests the ryco marine filters?

They are sooo much cheaper and from my eyes look the same.

Definately the racor ones are the business but no way can I afford that.

Given the one I have now basically does nothing It must still be an upgrade

Stay away from Superheap Ryco and Fram. Garbage and it ain't cheap and it ain't super. Go to BNT and get their Fram and also ask if they have better than that. I can't remember where I got the last lot from. I bought a large boxful 5yrs back and they would have come from BNT or Transmissions and Diesels.

BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE FILTER(S) YOU CAN FIND. DONT SKIMP ON FILTRATION. Lets look at the word again - "filtration". Think about it? Filtration!! Now what does "filtration" mean to you guys? A Racor water seperator (or an equivalent brand) is the ONLY option. The filter element repels water, good micron rating etc etc. Fit a vacuum gauge with a drag pointer and learn how to use it properly. Go back to your tanks - keep the water out and get the water out! Elimate the environment for critters to party in.

BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE FILTER(S) YOU CAN FIND. DONT SKIMP ON FILTRATION. Lets look at the word again - "filtration". Think about it? Filtration!! Now what does "filtration" mean to you guys? A Racor water seperator (or an equivalent brand) is the ONLY option. The filter element repels water, good micron rating etc etc. Fit a vacuum gauge with a drag pointer and learn how to use it properly. Go back to your tanks - keep the water out and get the water out! Elimate the environment for critters to party in.

And if you fit a 1/4 turn valve at the bottom of the glass bowl in place of the plug it's easy to drain the bowl & check for water or gunk & foreign objects.

Fit that before you fit the whole Racor assembly.

Archived