VOR

What's with these people. Every two weeks I get a media release "announcing" another port on th ecourse.

Just tell us what the bloody course is. So much hype and fanfare and self congratulation. bah humbug.

Oh - it's Lisbon BTW.

have you thought that it is because of all the hype and fanfare that any company in there right mind would sponser a team in this race. they need to show a return on investment other wise there will be no boats racing. i say bring on the fanfair and bring on the teams

I thought it was about ocean racing not coastal hopping through the sponsors home ports.

If the big sponsors dollars available to do this race were not on tap, the yachts would just be different (ie cheaper).

It is an amazing spectacle, but there are other ocean races out there now that are set up for much smaller budgets that are following the more traditional route of the Whitbread.

The Portamaio Two handed Race for example is coming back bigger and better than the first one.

The Volvo organizers need to be mindful of their history.

the last volvo course was retarded. the boats and silors were awesome, and I don't mean to criticse them at all, but the course was stupid.

China in winter? India? Skipping NZ? a 12,000 mile leg. Who came up with that nonsense?

Where do you think they want to sell cars and cell phones?

They didn't just throw a dart at the map and decide to go there, although it might of been a better course.

Archived