Omega Series

JK

Dicko off the pace. Bugger, I would like to see him do well. Mind you he's been out of the game of late so maybe he'll get better tomorrow.

Appears knot.

The hassle is it's nothing new or different so lacks attraction bar enthusiasts. Same people in the same sort of boat that happens worldwide nearly weekly. Sad really but there ya go.

the latest Points Table -

Ben Ainslie 13 wins

Karol Jablonski 9

Adam Minoprio 9

Bertrand Pace 8

Torvar Mirsky 8

Dean Barker 8

Magnus Holmberg 6

Francesco Bruni 6

Sebastien Col 5

Chris Dickson 4

Bugger, I was hoping Chris would do a bit better. Mind you he's knot had the practice of late most of the others have.

Time to confess, yesterday i had to take mum to Greenlane for a wee visit, on the way back I thought, "let's go watch the match racing".

So we got a pie and a ginger beer and went and parked on the breakwater. I saw two MRX's go around a mark and sail off into the distance. Don't know who was on them.

So I saw a sign saying something or other radio - so I tuned to the frequency on the flag (It took about 15 mins - the writing on the radio is really tiny), but got a lecture on how to separate bull semen to get female offspring.

Waited about another half hour during which nothing happened but I could see some MRX's at the other end of the harbour with headsails on the foredeck.

By then mum had a headache ( just had cataracts removed) so I went home.

My conclusion is that sailing just isn't a spectator sport - which is maybe one reason I like it so much.

BTW there was a large crowd of three on the grandstand.

Years back they put on a barge anchored by the start/finish line, ribs ferrying people out, scaffolding grandstand, catering company did lunch, & bar. Was an excellent day.

Archived