Dynamite

ok computers aren't my speciality so here goes the long way, go to, www.metalboatbuilding.org , > forums, scroll down to origami boats,> origami, >page2, and open the link by "wynyard" and have a think about the toyota add "Hmm Bugger!!" the room for lateral thought here is quite something and the learning curve an event to behold..........from a distance, stunning metal boat resulted, wonder if he wiped out the neighbors washing line in the process

Ummm, couldn't quite find what you were talking about there L4. But are you talking about biulding a boat by using Dynamite?? It's actually a quite old technique now and one guy tried making a living out of it. He biult a tank in the ground in the shape of the finished Hull. That was the hard part. He then welded together the metal plates in a ruff shape of the inground tank. That was the slightly easier part. Then the real easy part. He simply filled the "future" Hull with water and some explosive. Upon detonation, the water, which can not be compressed of course, pushes the plates out to follow the form of the outer tank perfectly. In one instance you go froma pile of metal plate to a beautifully molded metal hull. Shaped like it was moulded in GRP and ready for the interior frame work.

I saw a book on the subject at Boat books a weekend ago.

I see a slight problem of where and how you would obtain explosives from now. Used to be easy, I imagine not so now. I can hear the words from the supplier now, "you want to what?!?!"

I love it:

...in just 1.5 microseconds a sleek racing yacht is formed to launch a new value-added industry for Australia!

Still, gotta give them credit, they did get a boat in the water and sailing and looking quite nice. :clap:

Archived