water tank mold ?

Being a low budget cruser my water tanks consist of a couple of 20 lt plastic containers.Can some one tell me if the mold-groth that seems to flourish in my tanks is harmful to my health.If it is, how do I get rid of it. If not maybe it has some nutritunal value.

How the hell do you work the spellcheck??

Cheers

Make sure it is plain pure and simple bleach as in Chlorine and no other nasties additive used to make the floor shine or something :wink:

A heavey initial dose will clean everything out and then flush and fill with fresh water. Painting the outside of the tanks with dark paint will stop growth. No light, no growth. We use opague plastic 20ltr containers for our fresh drinking water and we get black mould in them if they are left in the Sunlight. I give them a flush with chlorine and then a good rinse and they are sweet for quite sometime again.

As for spellcheck it's a function of your browser.

For Firefox it's under Tools | options | advanced | "Check my spelling while I type" and make sure you use the correct language.

Shane

Now where did I put that beer!

Try a splash of Enviroyte.

Have a few mates who use it in their water tanks both on land, the rural bastards, and one in his boat.

Sussed details but only got -

http://www.envirolyte.com or ph a Steve 0274 789095

Apparently works bloody well and is cheap. Made up north by Whangarei somewhere I'm told.

MS, please please please can we have a 'save favourite threads' function for this kind of thing. It's just so much better than yusing search. Other sites have it - for good reason! I've got dozens of useful (and sometimes obscure) threads saved on another site that go backs years and I can use as a reference point for many things that I may one day want e.g. top tips for navigating the French canals!

Then, when your computer blows up, you dont have them anymore.

I just had a thought - yeah - it really hurt, off to get some serious pain killers right now - how about emailing the link to your gmail account, and keeping them in a folder there - then they are accessible anywhere, anytime. :?: :?: :?:

Then, when your computer blows up, you dont have them anymore.

I just had a thought - yeah - it really hurt, off to get some serious pain killers right now - how about emailing the link to your gmail account, and keeping them in a folder there - then they are accessible anywhere, anytime. :?: :?: :?:

Just had a machine **** itself in a big way, if the HD had cooked I would not have lost much as I have backups, and it was not the hard drive that cooked itself, so pulled the HD out, put it in a case, checked it then loaded the files onto the new machine, all good :)

By the way if you have a HP Pavillion DV2000 laptop and it has screen problems it is a known fault and do not bother repairing as you have to replace the mainboard and the fault lies in them, yes even the replacements, and HP will BS you about it, I had been through 4 screens and the fault all the time was the mainboard, so if someone want a DV2000 for parts, let me know.

Archived