Antifoul help please

morspeed

Hiya,

Just bought a launch and its being trucked up to Auckland this weekend.

Now before you tear shreds off me ...please know me and the missus have done over 20k Nm as windbludgers and would have bought a sailboat but current circumstances mean we could not.....but we will look at a boat with lots of strings ( and no lead) in about 4 years.

So the launch in question was lifted and antifouled with International Awlcraft hard ablative one month ago, she has been in the water about 3 weeks with this new antifoul before being lifted on to truck last Friday.She was given low pressure blast to remove a light dirty scum.

Question is...should i put another coat on before dropping her back in this week??, and if so should i do any prep to antifoul first?.

Will lift her again early next year probably.

Cheers in advance for any advice...and any crap i will receive for buying a stink boat

Gary

International is a manufacturer and Awlcraft is a manufacturer. But it doesn't really matter. A week is not to long to worry about. Just drop it in the drink and you will be away. You may come across the odd one saying to give it a wash in fresh water to re activate it. But that is bollocks. Water is water.

International is a manufacturer and Awlcraft is a manufacturer. But it doesn't really matter. A week is not to long to worry about. Just drop it in the drink and you will be away. You may come across the odd one saying to give it a wash in fresh water to re activate it. But that is bollocks. Water is water.

I agree, this is fine there should be no problems.

Ok, thanks heaps guys...appreciate the quick replies.

Just on the "International Awlcraft" thing Wheels. i was surprised to see myself a can of antifouling labelled " International paints" "Awlcraft".

I though they were two different brands ...maybe they were once?.

Next thing...can you get anti foul in 1 lt containers...there is a couple of small touch ups to do before she goes in.

Or maybe someone down at Half Moon bay might have a bit left over from recent job and will swap for beer... or rum??

Cheers..

Akzonobel is the Parent company that owns Awlcraft and International. But I had always thought they were kept quite seperate. International used to be part of Epiglass.

They also own,

Devoe

Enviroline

Chartek

Ceilcote

Devoe used to be Altex Devoe

Archived