Yanmar 3GM30 Manual wanted.

smithy09

Does anyone know where I can get a full workshop manual for a Yanmar 3GM30? I tried Whitings but they won't sell one to me. Not sure if that is a Whiting or Yanmar policy, but it stinks... Happy to pay good coin, but I want the real McCoy if I can get it. Cheers, Smithy.

I can semi-understand that they would be giving you the wherewithal to cut off their income streams, especially if you were to extend beyond your own vessel, which they couldn't control once they had handed over the manual.

Anyway it's the internet, anything is possible. If you go to this site, click on "Yanmar" in the menu down the left-hand side, the first item is listed as a 60-meg download. I'm not going to try it but you can!

http://www.motoren.ath.cx

Thanks Guys.

Went to Amazon, but nothing from Yanmar.

I think most motorcycle shops will sell you a factory manual if you want one... No diference. I am quite surprised at their attitude as I would have been happy to buy all my spares from them... Maybe not now if I can get them elsewhere....

I have found that if you have a little knowledge then you generally do a better job than the service engineer anyway, as he doesn't have the time that you have, and it's not his yacht....

Sorry smithy, I posted to this last night and I can't have pushed the button. Anyway, in this here Forum, is the manual along with many more I posted here awhile back. But I thought the thread was made a sticky so it would remain at the top of the forum. But that seems to have changed.

Archived