2011 SSANZ RNI Leg 3

20 boats for the re-start. I will be busy helping get boats out of the marina so may not be able to post much but will try to update things as they happen.

Anyone around to help from the dock to get boats out of their berths will be more than welcome.

sitting up here in auckland at my desk ,,....trying to work productively.....

thinking of all you lucky guys/gals down there in welly about to embark on another adventure.... yes even if it has some upwind component.

any one want to swap.....

just had a text from someone on the cook straight ferry bridge sustained 55 gusting 75 knots, we do seem to be getting some lulls now and again though, gunna be hard getting the boat out of the marina if doesn't ease :?

The wind has just flipped from northerly to southerly here in Nelson. That makes it nice here under the shelter of the hills but I'm not sure that it will help the situation in cook strait.

Good luck to everyone who is starting leg 3. I'm a bit sad that we won't be at the start line even with the current forecast.

hey hamish, how are you holding up down there ? sorrry to hear about you misfortune...progress in nelson? do you haev plans of getting her back to akl yet ? motor to welly truck to akl ?

Was just speaking to steve ashley.

apparently far to rough to untie the raft up in the marina with out disaster.

Waiting till this afternoon for it to ease back then hope for 3pm start.

Interesting one forcast has it being a real snotter for this leg and predict wind has very light winds.

dont think the boys will be getting any good "Champagne sailing" this race.

I know the feeling fineline and my boat isn't broken which is prob worse.

hey be careful with masthead runners. most insurance companys wont insure them with an alloy rig and if they do like mine did double the premiums and excess. some thing to think about.

Archived