Navonics Chart

ab1974

Linked to the earlier thread re Navman / Northstar, Navico are offering me a Lowrance Elite-5m Chartplotter. This takes a Navonics SD card for the charts. I already have a Geonav handheld chartplotter which has a Navonics CF card.

Given I have already purchased the Navonics charts once, is there anyway to do something about being able to use the data on the CF card or get a discount to buy the SD card???? Would prefer to avoid paying full freight twice for the same thing..........

Have you tried putting your CF card into a PC (Normally laptop) that has a CF slot? If you can read the info you might be able to transfer it over to a new blank SD card.

I know if I put my Garmin Blue charts into my Laptop using a CF carrier then I can view the files. I haven't tried copying them over so there is no guarantee that it would work. A blank SD card is pretty cheap these days so it may be worth a try.

Most new SD flash cards come with a CF carrier to make life easier but not all.

http://www.flashcards.co.nz/

As khayyam said, there may be copy protection so it may not get you very far!

New SD card is $350-$400 so quite a double of cost. Just a shame they aren't both CF cards or I could just exchange them as I wanted.

WIll have a look at the CF card copy option. Can't be illegal as I own the original. Happy to buy another one but just not at $350+

Can you knot impose on Navico to help i.e. without checking back to the other thread, IIRC you have a chartplotter with charts installed but the unit doesn't work; they are offering to resolve the situation by giving you a better chartplotter that does work but you need to buy another set of charts for it at your own expense.

At the very least surely they could organise trade pricing on it?

Thanks Murky. I will push them, unfortunately through the chartplotter is replacing a fishfinder so don't have much leverage there. If they can do trade they should.

Archived