RNI Leg 4

muttley

Please keep us posted if anyone hears of boats finishing.

Sorry I needed to catch up on some sleep and let my liver recover, 2 stopovers was enough for me. Also work gets in the way a little. I don't know how Cookie and Steve do it! Maybe more practice than me???

Hi all

Just having a look at the SSANZ site and the locations of the boats and as we are getting towards the last run for home.. was wondering if there are any webcams that are online and good for "fleet spotting"? Would be fun to have then available either on the SOL homepage race-blog or just to link to in chat.

Hope those of you racing on SOL are enjoying the experience, esp. those new to SOL!

:)

Congratulations to Pete and Rodney on Akatea for a massive win in Leg4! Well done guys. Looks likely that Akatea will take out every overall trophy (Time elapsed, PHRF, IRC, Overall honours, Div1) at the moment, a very impressive result.

0600 Sched yet to be updated on the SSANZ website, but looking at the trackers on other boats seems there has been a bit of a park up over night around the Mercs/Coville area. Very light winds in Auckland this morning so could be a slow last few miles to the finish today for the rest of the fleet.

where's the finish line? Pretty light up the ditch this morning.......

Steady on... The rest of the fleet has to get inside the Gulf first.

Looks like Akatea slipped through a weather gate making sure they padlocked, deadbolted and chained it shut behind them.

Well done boys !

...meanwhile back in the fleet, Open Country is going particularly well.

just spoke to the Valium boys, not a good night for them but not as bad as the report says. they are alongside bird on a wing, with surreal, physical favors and laissez fair also pretty close by.

10-15kt easterly.

Great to hear their all nearly home. I'm stoked for all the crews that have made it round. It seems like an age ago that we were all having a beer in Mangonui!

It would be fantastic for Open Country if they can pull it off.

Great work Peter and Rodney for getting Akatea around. I'm sure that stereo is back to full volume and the Rum and Rosé are flowing again.

Archived