Ebay LED bulbs from Hong Kong

yes but they are marked on the charts......

well i have never had a bad experience in 10 years with amussel farm, have bumped one boat and narrowly missed two others approaching anchorages in pitch blackness.... in general old kiwi boats with small battery farms...

If you can fit lights on your spreaders that light up the deck it is a good option in addition to an anchor light.

The spreader lights do not have to be hugely bright just enough to highlight the cabin top and mast.

Hanging off the end of the boom. Low so can be seen during drunk midnite sailing dingy pottering around and it moves a bit so doesn't look like a Star.

Dump the garden solar shitters, most don't last that long and are to soft. They are real easy to build using those solar ones as parts. Goggle it.

Downward Cones = Motor sailing. To be displayed where can be seen best = windward side, clear of sails.

Anchor lights & Black Balls: In the "forward part of the (small) vessel".

So hanging off the forestay, hauled up by a halyard or hanging from spinnaker Pole Topping Lift would be best uptions.

BTW the cones and blackballs are now in plastic that slot together so thay are easy to stow in a locker, or even the anchor well,

:think: perhaps clipped onto the anchor well's lid :?:

Hanging off the end of the boom. Low so can be seen during drunk midnite sailing dingy pottering around and it moves a bit so doesn't look like a Star.

Dump the garden solar shitters, most don't last that long and are to soft. They are real easy to build using those solar ones as parts. Goggle it.

:!: A few days ago I saw a new white boom with a light (LED presumeably) nicely moulded / fitted into the underside of the boom, 2/3rds way aft of mast, so it would shine upon the main hatch and down onto the ladder.

Wires looked broken / not yet connected. (Was in Westhaven on northern side, but forgotton exactly where, but between F & B piers on the outer end.)

We always run a masthead anchor light and generally have a couple of solar garden lights in the cockpit and often a decent LED cockpit light running at night ........ no blardy excuses for not seeing us.

In terms of day shapes .... we don't even have any day shapes on board. Should prolly do something abotu that.

More than likely just confuse Pilots.

Hey we missed ya last night smithy.

Yeah Sorry Wheels. Hope you had a good night! I would have been there if I could..

Slumming it here off WA. Gotta pay those Marina fees somehow, and now the Marshall is booked in for an anti-foul ready for the SSANZ series as well, so I need the dollars! I'll come and annoy the crew at that bondage outfit where you work when I get home. :D :D

Archived