Quarter Tonner Interest

Ahh, Winklepicker - another Harold Evans success. A QT so fine in the bow that it sat better on its mooring backwards.

Great to see such an influx of interest in these fun little boats, a friend of mine has just bought the 727 Pinto and is planning to join in asap.

would be excellent to see some of the 1/4 doing some of the longer races series like Gold Cup next year. Small boats can go well in the series and its great fun!

There are only so many times you can go up and down the ditch!

This is us last year at Cowes Week. We chartered Diamond and raced in the QT division.

As a result of this, we bought Black Fun, are currently doing her up and will ship her over in a container next year. The idea is to do the whole season, getting different people to come in and do various regattas.

We have also jacked up a boat for the QTC and Round the Island race this year.

I Brett- I'd be interested to chat about the trip your doing....I'd had a few thoughts about trying to do similar. Maybe chat off line at some point.

Guest Rocket

Quarter Pint I find your definition of fun alarming. I seem to recall wavering between terrified and asleep throughout the long races in QTs

Wash your mouth out quarter pint. iv haggled you enough and you agreed that if we got a podium finish youd give up doing gold cups on the little tub.

he is australian though

35-40 knots on the nose going into big waves that we couldn't see heading towards haystack, that we couldn't see with a rakino lee shore that we couldn't see getting f**king wet from waves and rain that we couldn't see.

yeh...."fun" f**king uncomfortable night

have to agree with Rocket

Wash your mouth out quarter pint. iv haggled you enough and you agreed that if we got a podium finish youd give up doing gold cups on the little tub.

he is australian though

35-40 knots on the nose going into big waves that we couldn't see heading towards haystack, that we couldn't see with a rakino lee shore that we couldn't see getting f**king wet from waves and rain that we couldn't see.

yeh...."fun" f**king uncomfortable night

have to agree with Rocket

I'm just glad I've already decided I'm not so keen to go for 100+mile races on the Smokey Joe.....your not selling that race well.... :wtf: :sick: :oops:

Mixed Div entrance so far for the Up to 26 regatta:

Smokey Joe

Pure Magic

Aqua Flyte

Rebel Yell

Strawberry Letter

Nocturne

T-Rex

There are a few promisory notes still missing

Infiltrator- Are you coming out?

If anyone can't do the two days, the Sunday racing will be fun as a stand alone event- Short Harbour Course followed by 3x WW/LW.

What ever happened to Magic Bus?, Windward Sausage, Demon Tweaker, Boomer, and all those weird and wonderful 1/4 boats?

If you go to the library and get the DB yachting annuals from 1974 -78 (i think) you will find lists, results and photo's of a lot of 1/4 tonners that raced locally (Nats, Worlds Qualifiers, and worlds).

Archived