Auckland-Tauranga Race Report

Domino 11 at 1840

Domino and crew of 5, 2.5 miles from Channel Is, NE 12KNOTS!!!!(most I've seen all day - ed) Nice breeze, Fed, watered and settling in for a fabulous night

Like Jon- This makes working tomorrow seem pretty okay. (Getting my park ready for Crusaders vs Highlanders on Saturday night). Should be a real good game too, shame it will be wet though. Could be worse- could be doing a yacht in no wind and getting wet!

Best of luck to the Tauranga race guys though- still a tad envious- it is a race afterall.

Cheers

Pete

Went billy goat - outside the Mercs.

Have been on the wind from Channel Is to Opito Bay

Hoping for a better run into the Bay.

And hoping for some wind.

There ain't been much so far!!

Passed the hole in the wall about 10.30pm

TVS

www.sailonline.org has buddied up with TYPBC for this race too... so is sailing AKL-TGA "in real time". Our virtual Young 11s are doing pretty well but then we didn't have local conditions, tides or currents to deal with :mrgreen:

OpenCountry is once more being tracked from her SpiderTracks tracker in the SOL race screen (boatname @OpenCountry). We had hoped to have Crac-a-Jac also on-screen but we didn't get the tech info in time.

Any news on Waikiri? To have a 100yr old yacht sailing in the race is a huge privilege (OK so she isn't an official contestant, I understand!)...would be great to see pics of her sailing! :thumbup:

Good morning all

0130 Caddi

Half one, raining, englisg breakfast tea, 8 kn down Coromandel, Steve finished puking - all good.

0100 - WHatever

Caught up to another boat, was happy. Crew screwed up the gennaker hoist, one sheet went to the top of the mast ?????? the other boat got past - bugger.

From the kind people at TYPBC:

TVS FInished

Between Slipper and Karewa:

Akatea

Arethusa

Force 11

Frenzy

Gale Force

Someone else

Pterodactyl

At the club 18kn Northerly and rain, forecast is 15 NE later.

Hi David,

Only one finisher – TeamVodafoneSailing at 0330 hrs.

We expect Akatea to be the first mono finisher. A beam Slipper at 0530 hrs. Our estimate here is for them to finish between 0930 and 1000 hrs.

Attached is spreadsheet of roundings called into Auckland Coastguard to date.

I would estimate the bulk of mono finishers between 1500 and 1700 hrs.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards

Janet

TYPBC

Tauranga Yacht & Power Boat Club

David,

Latest list of call ins.

We are having problems with our website and would be grateful of what you can do to help folks with info.

We expect Akatea to finish in the next couple of minutes as first Mono. Orbit have called from Karewa and I would expect them to finish in about 20 mins.

Cheers,

Ross

Kind Regards

Janet

Begorrah

0.9 kn 54 miles to go

Domino 11 at Tairua, Lumpy swells,light wind all over the place. We can see 14 other boats. Had a cat and mouse sail overnight with 6 others. One person seasickbut a champion!

0855 Gen Jackson

just under 30 miles to finish, boatspeed 5kn Running under kite, rain

Archived