Big ups to Boat Spray

smithy09

I don't think they advertise on here, but I would like to say a big thanks you to Craig and the team at Boat Spray at Half Moon Bay who have just finished antifouling the Marshall, and tidying up some deck dings and anchor chips. First class job in very short time frame with reasonable prices and an attitude that is hard to match in terms of customer service.

Some photos of the cleaned hull before antifoul below. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Isn't this a bit like the Insurance Broker post?

This bloke gets his boat painted and (with or without consideration) writes an 'apparently

unsolicited' testimonial on behalf of the tradesman.

The latter should advertise to earn such editorial benefit.

DL.

Piss off David.

If they had done a bad job or ripped me off I would have posted as well. I have no connection whatsoever with these guys. I have also given big ups to KM for his good service. Ditto for Mariner insurance.

What goes around comes around.

Your comments are out of line I reckon.

This bloke gets his boat painted and (with or without consideration) writes an 'apparently

DL.

So on a yachting forum we shouldn't post reccomendations on suppliers who do good work?

You must be farking joking!

Oh that's it you were being sarcastic & I missed it. Tell me that was it!

I have also given big ups to KM for his good service.
Just as I myself also praised Boat Spray on here for tickling my babys bum. The circle is now complete :lol:

Mind you I didn't know about Boat Spray until I saw their name in the group to the left of this very utterance ;)

Nothing wrong with pimping those that do a good job, would rather read post like this then have us all go quiet about jobs done well, and see one person go to the wrong place because he hadnt heard so and so does a great job, and ends up un happy or wasting money! The boatspray team have got a pretty good name for doing a stunning job, and also for supporting yachting in auckland.

You only have to follow the yachting Simon does or supports - for example the Platu's, E5.9's, and many more to see that if we support guys like this they support us...

DL.

So on a yachting forum we shouldn't post reccomendations on suppliers who do good work?

You must be farking joking!

Oh that's it you were being sarcastic & I missed it. Tell me that was it!

No I wasn't joking, nor being sarcastic.

I think unsolicited testimonials have their place, but are open to abuse and, as a substitute for

an advertisement, unfair to the forum's owner/publisher.

A better course of action, IMHO, would be for the the happy customer to say to the tradesman

something along the lines of " Why don't you advertise on Crew.org.nz where you'll reach 3000 potential customers - I would be happy to provide a testimonial".

On the other hand, to answer Bad Kitty, I think it's entirely appropriate for someone to ask, on the forum, "Who's a good boat painter" in which case all and sundry can give their recommendations.

The difference is that this is not detracting from forum revenue and may, in fact, stimulate advertising from those who are recommended.

Probably back to the real reason Smithy would have posted (He just wanted us all to look at his boat!) The boat is looking good still Smithy! Even better without the Mud marks on the keel from going in and out of the shallow river all the time :-P

How are you finding her?

Probably back to the real reason Smithy would have posted (He just wanted us all to look at his boat!)

I think I'd totally agree with you :) :)

I'm actually starting to think it was all a suble plot by Knot Me to get some back door advertising at no charge. Probably started by sewing up poor old Smithy with outrageously powerful rums administered out behind Rangi somewhere. Drunken slurred suggestions about supporting good operators in the marine market with positive postings on crew.

And this is the result.

When are we going to wake up to this type of atrocious behavior?

Does this man have no principles what so ever? :twisted:

Does this man have no principles what so ever? :twisted:
Knot since I was told to leave school...........by the Principle. The nice guy he was even filled out the leaving school now form for me :)

Na, Smithy was just way too easy, you only have to talk rum and he gets excited, he's such a slut. Besides he likes the best, as is obvious by his choice of a Ross boat ;) :lol:

PS BK. That rope of yours you tried to re-fuel is fine. Shouldn't have hurt it at all but your panicked remedial actions were a good idea to do anyway. If nothing else it saved a pile of stink.

Now gotta get back to sorting out a wayward sometimes grumpy Surveyor, who I have so far managed to get a few he deals with calling him Popa Smurf. But it took a while, he has them scared, just the way he likes them he reckons :) :)

Probably back to the real reason Smithy would have posted (He just wanted us all to look at his boat!) The boat is looking good still Smithy! Even better without the Mud marks on the keel from going in and out of the shallow river all the time :-P

How are you finding her?

Gidday Marshy. Yeah, just skiting. I really did find Boatspray fantastic to deal with though, ditto KM (despite all the rum rumours) and ditto Mariner. I disagree 100% with David and cannot understand his attitude. What really pissed me off was the veiled assumption that I have some kind of connection with those guys. I only contacted them because they were the last ones to antifould the Marshall and I was pleasantly surprised by their prices. The job was great and they were a pleasure to deal with...

The boat, form my limited experience so far is just great. Easy to sail, and just accelerates in a puff. Love it. Plenty of little leaks and stuff to fix, and electrical work to tidy up, but yeah, I'm a very happy punter.

I just need to get her out in a blow with the masthead kite up now... :D :D

I just need to get her out in a blow with the masthead kite up now... :D :D

Keen.... Just name a date and me an KM will be there im sure :-P Just need to figure where to hide the truck load of mt gay too...

Looks like a good blow with masthead gear to fiji this year. lets go! :-P

If you're stuck at work Smithy me and MM are more than happy to take video of it for you, being the selfless bastards we can be :lol: :lol:

Surprised I haven't seen a video yet KM... Oh. I guess you were waiting for the antifoul to be done... Silly me.. :D

If you're stuck at work Smithy me and MM are more than happy to take video of it for you, being the selfless bastards we can be :lol: :lol:

Surprised I haven't seen a video yet KM... Oh. I guess you were waiting for the antifoul to be done... Silly me.. :D

Damn, you are smarter than you look. That's gonna make it a tad trickier ;)

Archived