Something new on the harbour

I have received a cryptic message that a new boat is in town and will be out and about on the weekend and that it is something new and interesting - take your cameras and be the first to report in and it will be worth a bottle of Mount Gay

It was out on Tuesday afternoon if it is the same thing I saw. We flew in over the LV racing about 3pm and there was a large, fast looking mono with big sponsors writing on the mainsail - Open 60?? Did a quick circle over it but I couldn't work out what the sponsorship said.

888 has been sailing this morning.

1st reports are 'Fecking great' and comments along those lines.

Quality isn't great but its 888! Looks like they were just finishing about 1pm

That Candian boat sure is wide!

19032010.jpg

19032010(002).jpg

I'm not 100% sure but an open 60 type of yacht, built in Tauranga by Pachouds was going up this week. It could be it, I heard that on the inside it has a revolving device that shifts internals such as galley to the windward side ?? As well as the usual canting keel and twin canards.

saw it out today while sailing the final regatta of the RNZYS Youth Training Programme 2009/10. white.(is it not sponsored?) did think it was a rather large asymmetrical that they popped as they dissapeared into the distance. was a little bit jealous.

"the kid" some chined thing that was going like stink and had a bunch of guys wearing the same gear on board bar a few guests. no photos sorry we were going the other way with a fractional genniker up.

52 or 54 ft i think it said

FYI - The open 60 "Canada" was inside Lloyd Stephensons shed in East Takamki a few weeks back. Not sure what was happening to her, but it caused me to stop and take a second look - jeez those things are flat and wide.

Archived