2011 SSANZ B&G Simrad Series "Greatest #$%@ up"

Cameron

Don't believe everything you read on the internet... Not sure there was a wipe out involved but probably a good idea to let the insurance companies sort all that out and the true story work its way to the top before we speculate on the Voltage?

Just listening to the VHF on the way back but War Machine also lost it's stick and something happened to Lightfoot ?

The Voltage hit 1/2nm sth of rangi light. One of the crew hurt his ribs and they needed two pumps to keep up so must have been a good hit.

Have heard that the rocks around thoughs parts are afraid of SSANZ now

A skerrick more detail in today's Herald - yesterday's info plus some comments from various people involved, including the owners. A better explanation of how things unfolded (or folded) on War Machine anyway:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10751128

Rod Palmer was one sailor who got caught out, on the 9m War Machine by the gust, which he said lasted for a couple of minutes.

"It wasn't a short gust.

"We basically were going ... hit a wave and the mast just folded in the middle and went over the side.

"There was very little we could do."

I see many held off their #$%@'s until R3 and the entries had closed. The sneeky buggers

Don't panic... I'm sure I can find a prize or two for entries from Race 3. However you will need to attend prizegiving to claim the prize... so send the entries in.

And for those people worried about DDF not attending the briefing... well they didn't attend the race either ! So no issues there.

I see many held off their #$%@'s until R3 and the entries had closed. The sneeky buggers :wink:

NO, KNOT AT ALL. The earlier events were shorter, did knot include Police boat, multiple coastguard boats and the helicopter :!: :!:

So all entrants must score highly this time with all those extra bonus points :thumbup:

I'll see you a stump and raise you a shorter stump.

Checked log later and it said max speed for the race 14.3kts.

Neither of us we watching but is was probably achieved about 10 seconds before entering the wave in front, a loud bang, a splash and then things going very quiet.

Pity coz we were kinda in control for an 88 downhill in a breeze.

IMG_5085 (NXPowerLite).JPG

IMG_5086 (NXPowerLite).JPG

Wow. The absolute definition of "deck level". Is that the older PR6 section - will you be lining up for the new MSS/88 Assn one?

Plenty of time to get her up and rocking again before Christmas and Bay Week. :thumbup:

Archived