2011 SSANZ B&G Simrad Series "Greatest #$%@ up"

Cameron

atleast we had a few good sized rudder mussels to boil for lunch. i actually left it on purpose, you sea the turbulent surface of the hull breaks the suction effect the water creates, allowing us to plane at 7kts instead of the usual 19.8 for a piedy.

hey toles....got ya

Oh fuk...

Knew someone was going to tag me......

Ahhhm- yeah- so thats us losing any chance of doing ok in the race.....!

Blinder of a run with the Genny up after that though. Luv that sail! :)

Should have dropped that masthead kite when we saw the breeze line.....but "we can hold it".....????

ahhhh no.

haha we were just to leeward of you in that pic and had a great view of. it looked like the sh*t truly hit the fan. gave us a good wake up call wen we saw that puff coming. good effort holding that down though you guys were cranking.

haha we were just to leeward of you in that pic and had a great view of. it looked like the sh*t truly hit the fan. gave us a good wake up call wen we saw that puff coming. good effort holding that down though you guys were cranking.

Larf- Usually are just before the broach hits.....

Genniker we popped up after getting the boat pointing in the right direction again was faster and way more controlled......Will be remembering that in race 2.......

Well no one from the long haul seem to want to spill any beans, so I will just have to do my best then

I'll start with myself just to show that there is no hard feelings,

I forgot my camera and boy I would have got some great shots,

Zen went looking for mussels on Motuhi and took 5 tacks to get out,

Coppelia looked great with there zero and masthead kite but the handicapper will catch up to them soon I hope,

Mr R then tried to sock there kite for some reason at the bottom of the Tamiki strait, unable to get the sock down then dropped the lot in the piss

BMW went trawling for sharks in shark bay, don't know how they got no though

High Voltage had a shocker with the keel and rudder trying to replace the mh kite

Starlight came past without a kite up saying that they got caught with the light one up and destroyed it so they waited till they jibed before going for a heavy one.

That's enough for now must go and do some work now but will continue latter.

Coppelia looked great with there zero and masthead kite but the handicapper will catch up to them soon I hope,

Please note that our larger fractional kite - we do not have masthead gear as the rig would fall down and our zero have been declared on our PHRF certificate for the last 2 seasons. I invite you to look at our certificate online.

No one's saying otherwise Sally. But after a blinder like that you will have raised some eyebrows. That will teach you for practising all the way round the North Island.

With that breeze it was always going to pay to behind to bring down the breeze.....

In actual fact we were right in the bunch at Navy Buoy, rolled everyone going to Motuhie, and then couldn't get across their line to be about where we were supposed to be at the gybe . So it all evened out for our fleet.

Don't worry Sally I will never let the truth get in the way of a good story, you sailed to well not to cop something.

I can confirm that we lost a kite on Starlight, I can also confirm that even in 2 pieces it is still a hell of a big sail to bring in, especially in a "non standard" proceedure.

Great race though, really enjoyed the beat home.

Great race though, really enjoyed the beat home.

I'm glad someone did!

Question, are you allowed to run your engine to go backwards to try and shake weed off? I'm guessing by the SIs that you are?

21 ENGINES -

No boat shall be under power or tow after the Preparatory Signal. Boats are permitted to run their engines during

the race for the purpose of charging batteries or other required functions (i.e. to cant keel, operate winches) but

the engine shall not cause the propeller to rotate.

Would guess not?

21 ENGINES -

No boat shall be under power or tow after the Preparatory Signal. Boats are permitted to run their engines during

the race for the purpose of charging batteries or other required functions (i.e. to cant keel, operate winches) but

the engine shall not cause the propeller to rotate.

Would guess not?

Agree, but you could wind a rope around the shaft to manually rotate the prop as necessary for alignment and by extension, weed issues.

Thanks Marshy..... I hadnt even thought of it but someone said to me that I should have used the engine to back up after we caught some weed.... I thought it a bit odd as I see that as 'advantage'

a question ?

If a certain stewart was to run a ground at little barrier then park on a rock would they have needed to with draw if they needed to reverse off, This might have happerned, once maybe so just asking

Kurt

Archived