GPS Race Tracking

Absolution

Stumbled across this today... http://www.mapmytracks.com/

It looks like a good solution for tracking yachts during races. It uses GPS enabled cellphones like the iPhone so it doesn't need special hardware but does require cellular coverage. Should work fine for inshore and coastal races.

I'm really crap at keeping the Mrs updated during long races so this could be a big help!

I'm really crap at keeping the Mrs updated during long races so this could be a big help!

I think you'll find that is just 'new mrs syndrome'. Give it a year or so and you'll be trying to hide rather than inform :lol:

What he said. Do you really want to walk in the door and hear "Where have you been - I know the boat has been back in the marina for four hours." :crazy:

It will completely undermine the efforts of all of us who have worked so hard to instill the concept that yacht races do not finish until dark. :shh:

It will completely undermine the efforts of all of us who have worked so hard to instill the concept that yacht races do not finish until dark. :shh:

Completely concur. And a well spotted point Mr Murky.

Now Mish has to decide... the Wa or the greater good of the Fleet. Which is it big fella?, No pressure :lol: :lol:

And if my Wa rings you AA, the short handed series is 18 races long by the way and some of the race dates are flexible due to weather conditions.

Got a 200 miler in a 1/4 in 4 weeks time, gonna take 2 or 3 days at least, maybe 4 ;)

And it's a pure coincidence the air tickets I booked yesterday to 'The Airlie Beach Chain Convention' coincide with it's Race Week :thumbup:

What I would suggest is required is simply a red button on each boat, probably located around the chart table area, that sends the following message to the beloved:

"Hi honey, we had a great race and we are all so hammered that we can't even speak, could you please ring around all of the crew's wives to come and pick them up. Thanks, love you etc."

Archived