Any issues with black as a hull colour?

Clive

And as someone pointed out, making a lightweight cat invisible in the dark probably isn't a great move if you want to race at night.

Yea good point! :lol:

Thanks for all the advice guys... T88 does look really good in black but I'll be staying for a lighter colour.

6027717566_e92ba97e63_o.jpg

Clive, nice colour renderings! As you know I have a red boat and they're fast (have I said that before?) but red is a high maintenance colour. You'll see the thread somewhere on how long it takes to make it look good if you don't stay on top of things.

I think dark blues might be the next worst colour for showing up any imperfections and also fading or showing oxidation.

I love the red of Atom Ant and I would never change it, but there are times when I'm tempted!

You've made a wise decision to go light.

Pretty yellow ay. Phil and Joey from Southern did a stella job on the spray finish. And not a bug or a run in sight.

Must be about time to mouth off about how fast we're going to be in the Weiti summer series....... Speaking of which, is there an online Weiti membership form? I'm hoping that my mates with the 8.4 Public Image will come race with weiti also. Do our best to keep the Bump & Grind guys honest :D

You could try ringing Craig Partridge in Kerikeri. Ph 09 4073012 .

Craig built Blackout (black of course) and she still looked great last time I saw her. She is now 10 years old.

Also M1 is of course black and just had a repaint during her extreme makeover. She looks great too

Cheers

Dave

Pretty yellow ay. Phil and Joey from Southern did a stella job on the spray finish. And not a bug or a run in sight.

Must be about time to mouth off about how fast we're going to be in the Weiti summer series....... Speaking of which, is there an online Weiti membership form? I'm hoping that my mates with the 8.4 Public Image will come race with weiti also. Do our best to keep the Bump & Grind guys honest :D

Yeah look on the "Forms" page. BnG will be glad of some competition for sure. Be good to have you back in the fold Adrian.

Archived