This Weekend's Achievements

• Please log in to reply
1274 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

A suggestion from Sailfish.

What did you get done this weekend? Racing , cruising, repairs and maintenance or new construction. Give us a few lines and tell us.

I'll start - looked at the rowboat and thought about it.

#2 ec12nz

ec12nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationKapiti Coast

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Not boats but finished putting new roof on house :clap:

#3 col j

col j

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

yesterday i thought about going for a sail but there wasnt enough wind in the morning. today i plotted the course for the 2 handed on the chart plotter from the comfort of my lazyboy.
sometimes refereed to as Teddy.

#4 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Washed two cars, walked the dog at the river, washed the drive, worked.

Almost forgot went to the "Ramp" Friday evening and brought fish & chips.

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#5 Atom Ant

Atom Ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • LocationGulf Harbour in the Tropics

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

Yesterday I mowed the lawns, repaired the broken stays on the hot water cylinder overflow - using an old 3 mm traveller rope (that's why you never throw out old ropes) and put some more patches on the roof and painted over them. Then I cleaned the wheels on the car. Oh yes, I repaired Pedro's gennaker too - most important job of all.

Today I scrubbed the waterline of the Ant, and cleaned underneath the boat with my home made clean under the boat thingo and then I scrubbed off all the pollen that lands on the decks and cockpit at this time of year. I've just finished helping my other half in the garden again as clearly all day yesterday wasn't enough :roll:

And very shortly I'll have a beer.

And in case anyone's interested for the next three days I'll be at an aged care conference - WooHOO! - not.

#6 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

Will you be handing out freebies AA :wink: :lol:
I keep being told to wash the Car, but I figure on two points. One, the Dirt is protecting the Paint from UV and two, it gets washed regularly in Auckland when it rains. Looking pretty grey out there now.

Wondering why on earth we didn't go get the boat this weekend. Really don't care that it's a bit lame out there, we just want the boat up here now. Next weekend is not looking great again.

Yesterday I fixed the Lawn Mower, so as Dawn could mow the Lawns.
Then we went for a good long walk, first of the season. Really got to work hard this year at becoming a little more streamlined so I can look more like one of those keen lean machines like AA :wink: :lol:

#7 Atom Ant

Atom Ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • LocationGulf Harbour in the Tropics

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Will you be handing out freebies AA :wink: :lol:

Ha Ha yes Wheels freebies about - what size incontinence pants would you like? :shock:

#8 rigger

rigger

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

Continued packing gear up getting readly to move - made up boxes to transport gear in - using up offcuts of marine ply. Squid have the better part of a half sheet of 4mm marine ply here if you need it, otherwise it'll get turned into a couple of boxs for carrying gear.

Working tonight - will be out on the harbour around midnight...

#9 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

I'm shifting the primaries back closer to the helm, she ain't a full crew race boat anymore.
Its a surprisingly big job, each winch weighs 40 kg. Can you believe that ( cos it blew me away)
And of course , the turning blocks have to go back too. :crazy:

#10 oliver

oliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Trundelled round a mountain bike race this morning, didn't crash or collapse, then provided ballast, advice and wake up calls to the young skipper of a Sea Scout cutter while he tried to avoid colliding with the Lowry Bay Yacht Club race this afternoon. Was cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users