#1171 eruptn

eruptn

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationRotorua

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Nice one! The big girl will be able to stretch her legs a bit more. Only a little bit jealous

Yes it is a change .... sure was nice to have some space.

Ross 650 Farr 940

#1172 tuffyluffy

tuffyluffy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Moved the boat up to Auckland. Now parked at Pine Harbour.

Hey E,

Just to confirm, is that a Noelex 30/Farr 9.4?

The reason I ask is that my head is telling me we'd get more use for less cost out of a trailer sailor rather than the current 42ft keeler and the Noelex 30 is on my "interested" list as a large, production TL

Nice boat and set-up btw.

Thanks

TL

#1173 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,615 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

I had a noelex 30 for a few years. Great boat. Left her rigged on the trailer at the club most of the time, always clean, no anodes, no antifouling, no marina fees:-). They sail pretty well, but a bit tender, and tendency to pitch. Mine had a BBW keel, a bit stiffer, and a bulb with a tail to help reduce pitching, plus about 200mm more draft. Did lots of Strait crossings in her, and family holidays. I reckon the best trailer boat there is. I'm biased, of course :-)

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#1174 The big T

The big T

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Had a Noelex 30 for years, back in the day when there was even class racing. Great boat, a real Tardis in terms of size down below, Not really a real trailer yacht - the rig took a bit to raise and would be more suited to use as per Island Time - ie left by a ramp fully rigged. Great with young kids - anchored in about 2 feet of water while they played around boat. Great Gulf cruiser/racer and could foot it with Young 88's on a good day. Never see them in Auckland now - most I think are on Taupo or in Aussie. 

#1175 eruptn

eruptn

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationRotorua

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hi
Yes she is a Farr940(Noelex 30). We have had trailer yachts for over 30 yrs and are Rotorua based. This way we get a bit of both.

Hey E,

Just to confirm, is that a Noelex 30/Farr 9.4?

The reason I ask is that my head is telling me we'd get more use for less cost out of a trailer sailor rather than the current 42ft keeler and the Noelex 30 is on my "interested" list as a large, production TL

Nice boat and set-up btw.

Thanks
TL

Ross 650 Farr 940

#1176 eruptn

eruptn

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationRotorua

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

Hi
Agree with the tardis comment! Sure is after a 6.5 m trailer yacht.

She is normally kept on the trailer in a hard stand on Lake Rotoiti (www.boptys.net) it is possible to launch her single handed. The two of us can get the Mast up and down, due too a very well engineered A frame system for getting it done. Our plans are to have her in a marina for 2-3 months each year and back on the lake the rest of the time. Have had her on the lake for past year, gave us time to learn how to sail her, reefing, manovering etc.

We got her from Taupo, the national home of 30's.

Had a Noelex 30 for years, back in the day when there was even class racing. Great boat, a real Tardis in terms of size down below, Not really a real trailer yacht - the rig took a bit to raise and would be more suited to use as per Island Time - ie left by a ramp fully rigged. Great with young kids - anchored in about 2 feet of water while they played around boat. Great Gulf cruiser/racer and could foot it with Young 88's on a good day. Never see them in Auckland now - most I think are on Taupo or in Aussie.

Ross 650 Farr 940

#1177 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Getting harder

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted Today, 10:51 AM

Walked out of cave to dump some scraps in the bin 5mts from the door. Turned around to walk back in and 1/2 way to the door saw something that made me think WTF????

Attached File  arrow3.jpg   164.39KB   0 downloads

Attached File  arrow.gif   40.1KB   0 downloads

and it is a serious one, made of carbon and flash things

Attached File  arrow2.gif   45.33KB   0 downloads

Spooky, no idea where it came from but if I'd been 2 seconds slower or faster it could have been very nasty.

#1178 ynot

ynot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Robin of Shorewood?

#1179 Beccara

Beccara

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationWhangarei

Posted Today, 12:58 PM

Rogue worksafe/caa agent?

#1180 Vorpal Blade

Vorpal Blade

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted Today, 01:01 PM

You must have really pissed off one of your neighbours recently!!

for awesome custom made fabric products
http://www.coversandcanvas.co.nz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users