1497 replies to this topic

#11 sailfish

sailfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

busy weekend! just finished the new garmin ghp12 autopilot install, rewired the engine room electrical panel after a small meltdown (removed trailer plugs from wiring harness!!) and got the strange VSR box in our kitchen now working between both batteries (it came with the boat and I didnt think it was ever working - and confirmed because it now has LED's blinking :mrgreen: ), then went out in the harbor and let the autopilot do its self configuration / setup and then let it sail us around the harbor. We learnt today how cool it is to not steer 8)

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

We were busy down at Evans Bay.

We bogged, sanded, primed, undercoated the bottom of Airship.
We bogged & sanded the gunwales too.
Removed the pulpit (to have it modified to be scooped in the middle).
We also ate some pies from the Hataitai Hot Bread shop, and I swept and mopped the floors at home and did some washing in between coats of antifoul.

#13 too_tall

too_tall

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

Built a pair of subwoofer cabinets, twin 21" B&C 21SW152, massive massive cabinets, discovered that my crown plate amplifiers do not drive a 2 ohm load ( as they are supposed to... :evil: ) and then decided to tidy the garage up. Currently there is a huge amount of my garage contents out on the driveway, and I am too stuffed to bother continuing. :D

#14 Changed

Changed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationNorth Shore

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Went out for a code 0 practise. Nice. Pepe and DDFhad the same idea.Not much breeze but once you get going it's sll good.

#15 Bimini Babe

Bimini Babe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationOpua

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Emailed Engine Rm to see how far away my new Beta 20 is...
People who think they know everything greatly annoy those of us who do.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Summer

Attached Files

• Attached File  raft.jpg   53.17KB   1178 downloads

#17 Marshy

Marshy

DayStar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Major major major rum race friday night meant a whole lot of holding the couch down to the floor on saturday... That couch would walk away if i got off it, so had to do the right thing and look after it all day. Then today we took mercenary out and dominated the BBYC fleet, then farewelled a very good mate Tommy K who is heading over to europe to join the superyacht circus. A good night had by all!
<p>Marshy - I may have gone to the Darkside, but I'm loving the VMG to windward....

#18 shanson

shanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Got a call on Friday and wen't to help the old man paint his living room on saturday.

Watched the All Blacks lose! (Geeze Ausy played well!) :-(

On sunday installed new Water Witch Bilge pump switch, fixed leeking raw water inlet, adjusted jazy jacks, re-ran windwane lines, rewired secondry Bilge pump, topped up oil and cdolant and drilled drain holes in base of mast!

Also found a seized open throughull valve (that I duidn't know existed) that was below the waterline and the pipe had no clamps on it! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Managed to get it closed and added to the haul out todo list!

went home happy! :-)

SHANE
"Cetacea" Cascade 36, Hull Number 36.

#19 too_tall

too_tall

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

Actually I did do something boat related - I spent a while rebuilding a holley 600 off ma jet boat. And then gave up because it is more than fiddly, and the boats not been used much anymore anyway!

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

i slept, went fast in the javelin, learned that it is quite hard to right a javelin with a kite up, a cracking centre board and while being blown in very close to the rocks. then i spent the rest of the day sulking in my room because my boat isnt here yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users