This Weekend's Achievements

• Please log in to reply
1646 replies to this topic

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

learned that it is quite hard to right a javelin with a kite up.

When you first raised sailing the Javelin on your own this was pointed out to you and lets face it , it was a near flat calm.

It just seems to be an unnecessary accident waiting to happen !

yep but having a centre board that would snap off if i went out past half way when standing on it didnt help much either. the kite was wrapped around the forstay and the top half was just acting like a big parachute anchor. all part of the fun

#32 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,739 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

As long as you are having Fun J. That's all that counts really.

#33 203

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Locationarkles bay

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

but you cant say i didnt get on the wire jordan, when you was trying to get back upright, i was blasting upwind, out on the wire, powered up, could of done with a tad more vang :eh:

#34 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Sat.

Launched the boat at the official launching party, involving lots bubbly and some brown bubbly. Christened boat.

Headed out of narrow harbour fairway and into 12-17knts possibly gusting 20 knts. 40-50 people watching.

OMG. I'm totally hooked. Why didn't someone tell me how fast these skiff things go???

With two people hiking as much as they could, the boat was flying. Water everywhere. Christina laughing all the way out and back in at high speed. AWESOME!

Sun.
Avoided hangover. Still smiling.

Mon.
Still smiling.

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer"

#35 203

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Locationarkles bay

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Sat.

Launched the boat at the official launching party, involving lots bubbly and some brown bubbly. Christened boat.

Headed out of narrow harbour fairway and into 12-17knts possibly gusting 20 knts. 40-50 people watching.

OMG. I'm totally hooked. Why didn't someone tell me how fast these skiff things go???

With two people hiking as much as they could, the boat was flying. Water everywhere. Christina laughing all the way out and back in at high speed. AWESOME!

what is this "skiff thing" that you talk off ? sounds fun :P

#36 smithy09

smithy09

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationMairangi Bay

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

Sat.

Sun.
Avoided hangover. Still smiling.

Mon.
Still smiling.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Excellent stuff Dr. W. Great little project that one with good skills all round. Glad it goes as good as it looks!

Want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans!.

#37 smithy09

smithy09

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationMairangi Bay

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Sat.
Walked around the helideck again in the sun, watch whales and dolphins.
Then went to the moonpool to watch the sea snake.
Watched the ABs lose. Got ridiculed by Australian crew and was lucky not to lose large amounts of money.
Sun.
Cut the Seasnake in half recovering the dive Bell. Sorry buddy. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Attached Files

Want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans!.

#38 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

wORKED :thumbdown:

#39 Tim C

Tim C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarkworth, and the World!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

scrubbed starboard (galley) hull front to back. Scrubbed decks. Patched bow from anchor dragging altercation. Boring. Made mounting for LED projector to go under deck tent. Much more interesting!

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

Sanded and started painting my A-class

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

L00seM00se, Fish, Dagwood