119 replies to this topic

#1 dkd

dkd

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well as you know TS is in Adealide and work has started albeit slowly as the weather is crap and we a re waiting to get her inside the shed, unitl then she is wrapped up under a full cover.

She is very very naked, easier to start from bare hull, do work required and then new paint, top, bottom and all in between, including inside, upgrade the fittings as required and new sail wardrobe as we go.

Happy to keep you up to date, I have decided not to rush this and just do it right the first time, so will be longish task.

Here are a couple of pics of the interior and will add others as I find them..... basically there is nothing left on the outside all fittings have ben removed and holes being filled.

The interior is much the same ......... from here we go forward.
Judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
Simon Bolivar

#2 dkd

dkd

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

trying to get pics up ....

Attached File  265.JPG   240.55KB   2585 downloads
Attached File  264 copy.jpg   275.81KB   2584 downloads
Simon Bolivar

#3 dkd

dkd

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Question, who has bought the new carbon boom from C-tech and please what do you think of it, seriously looking at same item.

Thanks
Simon Bolivar

#4 smitty

smitty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hi dkd

That was me, the old boom broke when one of the guys got a bit enthusiastic on the vang. I had C-tech making a new prod at the time so asked them to do the boom as well. It's pretty light & super stiff compared to the old ally one, if you need to replace your boom I think it's worth it.

Thanks for the pictures & good luck with the work, it'd be great if you can keep us up to date with your progress.

Cheers

#5 dkd

dkd

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Smitty,

Made that decision easy. C-Tech will be doing new prodder for me too (that was how I found out about the boom), as soon as I can get home from sea (work).

The boat is progressing slowly, missed the deadline I had in mind ages ago so now it is just slowly goes it, this way I will get the boat the way I want it and spread costs out.

Hoping she is heading for full paint soon and then finish interior

It is all time ... ohh and money.

Will try to get some more pics when I get home.
Simon Bolivar

#6 MOTORBOAT

MOTORBOAT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

awesome - cant wait for pics!
Are you allowed to enter a MOTORBOAT in a yacht race????????????????????

#7 dkd

dkd

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hi All,

Well, the work is still ongoing with the boat and at last I can see progress.

The interior is progressing and with the exception of a few major tasks at last we are moving forward. So far the amount of paint removed has surprised me and it is almost ready for primer and .... then fitout but waiting for the exterior to be painted and finished before we do too much.

The exterior is to be sanded and re-painted but presently waiting for a 8m tri to be finished and then she moves into the shed.From a month back I have decided to take my time as sailing is nearly finished and not rushing, looking for mid-winter as target back to the water.

In the mean time, everyhole is to be filled and starting again from a bare boat, every hole includes fittings and instrument cutouts,

Here are a couple more pics .... so much paint in a small space and then the other, well progress

More as she progresses but between work (being at sea) and travelling back and forth to South America it is slow but I am not rushing ...

David

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   290.95KB   1906 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   292.83KB   1906 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   256.08KB   1906 downloads

Simon Bolivar

#8 Adrianp

Adrianp

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

It good to see the Wreckage getting the love she deserves!

Keep up the hard work, the rides she gives will be worth it!

I'll never forget passing a planning Ross 930, off Tuts, like it was standing still! GO THE WRECKAGE!

Formally Freeeeeeeeeedom but I'l sold my half of Freedom and currently looking for a new boat!

#9 Willow

Willow

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

looks like she's getting the full treatment.

This is what we have done with Rocky (aka Counterpoint). She's now a racing only Boys boat. It's a work in progress, racing the Winter Season then it's out for an exterior repaint.

Attached Files

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

#10 Marshy

Marshy

DayStar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nice looks good Will.

You gunna Bring her up from Tauranga to do the Nationals?
<p>Marshy - I may have gone to the Darkside, but I'm loving the VMG to windward....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users