Two Handed RNI

Jon

Its only 10 months away

Starts on the 19th Feb 2011

NOR will be on the SSANZ web site soon

Expression of interest can be sent to the Race officer, Dave Cooke david@inderpendantbroker.co.nz

Or any questions PM me

Limited to 25 boats

2 entries already

Elliott 1050 and Beale 11.6

plus plenty of other interest

Hi Jon

Mark and I will be bringing Nonstop up too, so that we can annoy the hell out of you and Paddy again.

Time we did another 2 laps of the North Island to check it is still there. We might have an autohelm this time, it was quite a long way to hand steer last time!

Cheers

Pete

Do you think they'll let the SR in?

Min requirement is :Length 7.924m

Cat 2

SSB or sat phone

406 EPIRB

Crew over 18yrs

So if you can do all these then you should be all good.

Just out of interest, anyone know why the age limit of 18? Surely kiwi lads aren't softer than 16yo Aussie girls.

We are going to have a crack at getting up to Cat 2 during the rebuild. February is a total arse in the timing for me though so we'll have to see how that pans out. But the plan is we are aiming to try and be on the startline when the gun goes. Or at least within 5 to 7 miles of it :)

KM are you thinking about signing up D2 as the crew?

Hmmmm.... February, sailing and drinking rum vs working. I thought that would have been an easy choice to make.

Any news about whether Lightfoot is going to have a crack at getting Cat 2 and doing the race. They should be up for it.

I raced to Noumea at 17, guess that wouldn't be allowed now.

My son was 15years and 2 months when he joined us in last years Noumea race.

RAYC said nothing about age limits?

Hell no, on the D2 front. I might be knuts but knot a total lunatic.

Knot sure about Lightfoot but will be sussing as I also get the feeling we could swing Neil into having a crack. We won't be going unless we get to play against similar boats, we have zero desire to race a clock, no fun to be had doing that.

Geez KM with your reputation for starting I reckon you'll be on the start line around 3 days after everyone else has disappeared over the horizon! If you leave now you might just make it :lol: :oops: :lol:

Geez KM with your reputation for starting I reckon you'll be on the start line around 3 days after everyone else has disappeared over the horizon! If you leave now you might just make it :lol: :oops: :lol:

But going on history the end result could be pretty flash ;) I'm planning on a race starting the 17th so should be close to the line come the 19th :lol: :lol:

Correct Herdy, a 2 pronged approach is the plan.

I raced to Noumea at 17, guess that wouldn't be allowed now.

Yes but did you race two handed ?

The big difference between RNI and offshore is you have a shore line to avoid the whole way.

Cat 2 isn't negotiable or SSB / sat phone

LOA will be considered for a suitable craft

Age may also be considered if enough experience can be proven

But all entries have to be approved by the RC that you have enough declared experience

Archived