Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 3

SloopJohnB

The third in this 9 leg race across the globe. Leg 3: A race from Ahbu Dhabi to Sanya across 4600nm in a VO70. Fair Winds challengers! Race #282 NOR / POLAR. WX Updates: 0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230. RANKING: Ocean/SYC/SOL WorldRace

Race starts: 一月 14th 10:00 Registration Open!

Capture.JPG

So which way is everyone going to go?

Looks like there are a couple of options on the table.

And why, after starting late yet a f**king gain, have I passed some NZL's who started on time???? I pop in 2 maybe 3 times a day for a couple of mins. I shouldn't be passing that many that fast!!!!

So which way is everyone going to go?

Looks like there are a couple of options on the table.

And why, after starting late yet a f**king gain, have I passed some NZL's who started on time???? I pop in 2 maybe 3 times a day for a couple of mins. I shouldn't be passing that many that fast!!!!

Do we have a trumpet blowing icon? :wink: :silent:

:lol: I think some need a 'anchor has been deployed' Icon.

There was a little subtle bit to that comment. Answers maybe enlightening and helpful to me. It's knot what you say, it's how you say it ;)

We are having a relatively easy ride to the 1st mark. Those on the south - better angles, less pressure & those in the north, worse angles , more pressure. We all seem to be progressing in the SE direction with the the same VMG. Boats do have the ability to slide up & down the line without losing to much ground. Those boats, in the north though, will need help with the wind going 1 way or the other, to get back for the 1st mark. Some low wind pressure around the 1st mark does push south the preferred course.

Boy are we going up and down in the rankings. 250ish Saturday morning and good 6 hours behind the leaders, now 22 this morning but slowly dropping.

Very interesting to see if the us northern's can sneak around this big lump of brown stuff, looks like a couple of gybes later on day/early evening.

It does gives us the better angle for Puloa We. :thumbup:

What a shocking 24 hours only did 100 nm :twisted: :twisted: but I was able to get around the corner. Now I am only 10 hours behind YY. :(

The weather upgrade yesterday lunchtime did it for me, I thought I could sneak around the top of it on Saturday but by Sunday there was nothing absolutely nothing over a big area with the Sloop sitting in the middle of it.

I'm away for the long weekend. I have set DC's in both Leg 3 and the Race to Up Helly Aa, but the occasional visual check would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived