AC 72 Design

Anyone know when this thing is going for a send? Got a speed boat lined up that can do 50 + so should be a good viewing platform :thumbup:

I wonder if this thing has a remote controll emergency wing release system? Be good if they bury the bow and its looking like its all over, someone on the chase boat can push the button and prevent serious injury...

Be a good feature to have and they might be able to push the boat a bit more?

Tomorrow is looking good for a sail in a brand new AC72. Friday is looking even better. Hope there is some video.

From there facebook page

It's a weather waiting game this week for the team as we hope for some steady conditions to enable us to take the AC72 out sailing. Unfortunately at this stage it is looking unlikely .... but it is Auckland - you never know!

I imagine they will be testing somewhere between north head and kawau? I dont see them going to far north or east of kawau unless its a perfect day with flat water as San Fran wont have the same sort of sea swell rolling in.

not photoshop. see SA thread...

People on SA cant seem to make their mind up if its real or not. Some say its Photoshoped and cite their reasons which seem to be true while others say they have seen it foiling by itself and who can argue against an eye witness account if their not lying. Oracle have been very smart and not released any video footage of it which means we will keep discussing it untill all the facts come out in kiwi waters :D

Edit: The joys of both EMTNZ and Oracle testing in NZ waters is that we can easily spy on them if you have a plane and a good photographer to give the proof and verdict :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice day for AC72 testing. Did they go out?

The AC72 didnt go out today, but by the looks of things, about four A-class cats went out from the team nz base..

The AC72 didnt go out today, but by the looks of things, about four A-class cats went out from the team nz base..

Gooday "203" - Any idea what 'A' class cats that they have ??? I'd sure be VERY interested - please ! ! Ciao, james

Gooday "203" - Any idea what 'A' class cats that they have ??? I'd sure be VERY interested - please ! ! Ciao, james

What ever the latest design of A class is from what I know.

Well if they don't go out tomorrow they will have to wait till next Tuesday.

I hate this 30 day rule crap. They should be able to go out every day they can...

Archived